EN v7.12 Killed Share Note Export

percy

Idea

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I'm not sure I understand your issue.  What does .ENEX files have to do with sharing?

Please provide details of which EN app you are exporting to ENEX and which EN app you are trying to import into.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, percy said:

The .enex note export file is no longer importable-readable to another EN. It is merely an XML file in this release

This is a major oversight that needs to fixed.

The .enex export/import usually applies to the Mac/Windows platforms.  I'm not seeing how there can be an impact from the IOS version.

Correction - the share menu does allow for a .enex export via email

I emailed the .enex file to my Mac and was able to import it.

I think you tried to open the file in IOS, and I confirm - It opened as an XML file.

IMG_1180.jpg.7a778b2fe317049e9ca1c3346a9

• Level 5
1 hour ago, percy said:

The .enex note export file is no longer importable-readable to another EN. It is merely an XML file in this release

This is a major oversight that needs to fixed.

Hi,

This is beyond our control and due to a change in iOS 9.3 and Mac OS X 10.11.4. The format of the exported ENEX file has not changed.

Due to the changes by Apple to allow users to import exported Evernote notes into Notes.app, Evernote users wanting to import into Evernote will need to take extra steps.

On an iOS device, after opening the note (which will display as ENML, Evernote Markup Language - similar to XML), you'll need to tap the share button at the top right and then share the note into Evernote (or Notes, if you choose - your data is portable - please see Evernote's 3 Laws of Data Protection).

I haven't upgraded (any of) my Macs yet, so I'm not certain of the additional steps required.

Cheers,
Chuck

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, cifip said:

This is beyond our control and due to a change in iOS 9.3 and Mac OS X 10.11.4.

Thats funny - Apple hijacked your .enex file extension on the IOS platform
It still seems ok on the Mac

• Level 5
1 minute ago, DTLow said:

Thats funny - Apple hijacked your .enex file extension on the IOS platform
It still seems ok on the Mac

I prefer "creative" more than "funny." ? 

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, cifip said:

I prefer "creative" more than "funny." ? 

>>Apple hijacked your .enex file extension on the IOS platform
Are you beginning to get the idea that Evernote has become a target for Apple and Microsoft

• Level 5*
On March 23, 2016 at 10:29 PM, cifip said:
On March 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM, cifip said:

On an iOS device, after opening the note (which will display as ENML, Evernote Markup Language - similar to XML), you'll need to tap the share button at the top right and then share the note into Evernote

Thanks for looking into this and posting the solution
and thanks @percy for starting the discussion - I was not aware that I could use the .enex format in IOS

Archived