Can I scroll down the webpage in Screenshot mode?

Gennadiy Titov

Hi! What to do if you want to capture a part of the page that does not fit on the screen? Is it somehow possible to scroll down the page while in Screenshot mode? It seems that in Tutorial video (shot on Mac) they do something like this, but how? Note: Other clipping options do not work for me because either capture too much of the very long page (Article, Simplified article) or too little (bookmark). Using Selection option is not very good since as you know selecting with cursor often includes too much "neighboring" stuff on the webpage  - pics, ads, menus etc. Trying to choose Article and then expand the area with + button or cursor is not working too (at least in Pinterest and other websites I need). Thanks a million in advance! I'm really frustrated since my boss wants me to start using it big time for a huge amount of clippings (mostly from Pinterest). :(

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Gennadiy Titov said:

What to do if you want to capture a part of the page that does not fit on the screen? Is it somehow possible to scroll down the page while in Screenshot mode?

Sorry, but I don't think that is possible with the EN Mac Screen Shot Clipper.  Other screen clippers, like SnagIT, do offer this feature.

1 hour ago, Gennadiy Titov said:

Note: Other clipping options do not work for me because either capture too much of the very long page (Article, Simplified article) or too little (bookmark). Using Selection option is not very good since as you know selecting with cursor often includes too much "neighboring" stuff on the webpage  - pics, ads, menus etc.

I do a lot of web clipping using both the "Article" and the "Selection" mode, and find that both works very well.  I get very little unrelated stuff with both of these.  For the few times I do, then usually a quick edit of the Note gets rid of the unwanted stuff.  In a worse case I can use Simplify Formatting that will really clean things up.  Of course, with the wide variety of web pages, there will always be some that will be difficult.

Keep in mind that web clipping gives you text, which, IMO, is much more useful that a screenshot.  It also seems like to me that a screen shot will include stuff within the selection that you don't want, and then you have to edit the image to get rid of it.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Archived