Notes without changes

In my work it would be a great help if it is somehow possible to isolate the notes created withing a certain time interval where there has been no changes. The "Date Created" and "Date Updated" fields are identical when a note is created, so this could be accomplished if it was somehow possible to search for "Date Created " <> "Date Ipdated", but as far as I can see such syntax is not possible within the advanced search parameters?

• Level 5*

Not sure you can do it with existing EN search.

Workaround.  If you have Excel skills, do a search of the date range in list view, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C the list and then paste into Excel.  You can then do the compare in Excel.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, mlu said:

so this could be accomplished if it was somehow possible to search for "Date Created " <> "Date Ipdated",

If you are using a Mac, you could probably use AppleScript to run such a search.

Here is some sample code that does not do anything other than get the list of Notes where (creation date ≠ modification date).  Of course, you could find all Notes that have NOT been modified just by chaning the "≠" to "=". 
You would then need to process these notes as needed.  For example, you could assign a Tag.

tell application "Evernote"
	set noteList to every note in notebook ".InWork" whose (creation date ≠ modification date)
end tell

Thanks to you both. A shame though that such a thing cannot be accomplished within the native search functionality. The ideas would work, but a bit too cumbersome for my workflow :(

• Level 5*

You are welcome.  Not all workarounds are for everyone.  I don't do the above often, but sometimes there are things I just can't do in EN so I use Excel. Nothing I would want to do on a regular basis though.

Archived