Moving notebooks into other notebooks

I have a number of top level notebooks (or stacks), but now I want to nest them all under a single umbrella. But nothing I do seem to make this work, and there's no guidance from the application on what I'm doing wrong (if I drop a notebook where it doesn't belong for some reason, I would like the application to suggest what I should do differently). Curiously, searching the forum for "moving notebooks" returns no hits. I must be off in the weeds here because I can't believe I'm the first person to wonder how to do this. Thanks for any help or advice!

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Dcb said:

I have a number of top level notebooks (or stacks), but now I want to nest them all under a single umbrella. But nothing I do seem to make this work, and there's no guidance from the application on what I'm doing wrong (if I drop a notebook where it doesn't belong for some reason, I would like the application to suggest what I should do differently). Curiously, searching the forum for "moving notebooks" returns no hits. I must be off in the weeds here because I can't believe I'm the first person to wonder how to do this. Thanks for any help or advice!

>>I have a number of top level notebooks (or stacks),
I think the correct term is simply Stacks or Notebook Stacks - I'm not familar with the term top level notebooks

On the Mac, this is a simple drag operation.
You drag the notebook into an existing stack, or on top of an existing notebook to create a new stack.

• Level 5*

You can't nest stacks.  For notebooks EN only has two levels, notebook and stack.  Stacks are oft used for combining like notebooks for search.  Caution, the limit of notebooks in EN is 250.

Archived