Keep EN cursor active when jumping between apps

i.like.eggplant

Idea

I use EN for research and so am often jumping from EN into other apps and then back again to make notes. It would be terrifically handy and time saving if the cursor remained active so I could just keep on typing from where I left off. 

As it is now, EN deactivates the cursor and returns to the top of the notes page so that I need to scroll down to where I was last typing, tap on the screen to reactivate the cursor and then begin typing and by then I sometimes have forgotten what I was going to write and need to repeat the process (queue hair pulling).

Apologies if this has already been requested. 

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
On 3/20/2016 at 0:39 AM, i.like.eggplant said:

I use EN for research and so am often jumping from EN into other apps and then back again to make notes. It would be terrifically handy and time saving if the cursor remained active so I could just keep on typing from where I left off. 

Have tried this?

1. From the Evernote Note screen, do a quick double-press of the Home button to activate the app switcher.
  2. Tap on the other app you want to use
  3. When you are ready to go back to Evernote, do another quick double-press of the Home button, and select Evernote.

I just tested this in EN iOS 7.11 on iPhone 6+.  It worked most of the time, but occasionally when I returned to Evernote (step #3), it would, after a brief pause, close the note for editing, and go to the top of the Note.  I suspect this is a bug.  If you are seeing similar behavior, then you may want to submit a bug report.

You can also look for 3rd party apps designed for quick and easy creation of Evernote Notes.  For example:
FastEver 2 - Quick memo app for Evernote 

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Archived