(Archived) Evernote - Company Access Denied?

I was dismayed recently to observe I could niether log in through the web (https://www.evernote.com/Login.gives me an error) and when I try to sync with the software it telss me the sync failed. Log details advise:

19:50:19 0% Authenticating user "REDACTED"

19:50:19 0% Can't send HTTP request, error: INTERNET_CONNECTION_RESET

19:50:19 0% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 0s

19:50:19 0% * 0s (100%) spent in EDAM RPC

My IT department advises they have excluded the entire evernote domain from being blocked, but it stil does this.

Any suggestions? We're all running Windows SP3 or Windows 7.

Using IE8 and ith respect to the first link, I get a page with this information:

en.store.shard.id=s8

en.web.revision=77134

en.store.revision=75864

en.sanitization.revision=77176

system.time=Fri Mar 19 07:13:12 PDT 2010

started=Wed Mar 17 18:35:41 PDT 2010

The second link will not open, and IE8 advises in part:

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.

•The website is temporarily unavailable.

•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.

•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.

•There might be a typing error in the address.

If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

With respect to the second issue (bolded), I have confirmed with my IT department that I'm ok on that front.

If that second URL won't open, then your IT folks will need to fix the SSL access to Evernote (via standard HTTPS to www.evernote.com on port 443).

That second URL just tries to ask for the same tiny bit of data that you got from the first URL, but it does it over SSL. Something on your system or on your network is blocking SSL to Evernote, unfortunately, and this is required for any login to Evernote (since we never send your username and password without encryption).

I was dismayed recently to observe I could niether log in through the web (https://www.evernote.com/Login.gives me an error) and when I try to sync with the software it telss me the sync failed. Log details advise:

19:50:19 0% Authenticating user "REDACTED"

19:50:19 0% Can't send HTTP request, error: INTERNET_CONNECTION_RESET

19:50:19 0% Session terminated abnormally, elapsed time: 0s

19:50:19 0% * 0s (100%) spent in EDAM RPC

My IT department advises they have excluded the entire evernote domain from being blocked, but it stil does this.

Any suggestions? We're all running Windows SP3 or Windows 7.

I don't have your exact problem, but my company has the world's most anal IT department. Install EN 3.1 and then put 3.1 portable on a flash drive. Sync from your home connection. This is a new capability for us because for awhile the USB drives were disabled. :shock:

Archived