Images from my note are missing!

About half of the images from one of my notes are missing. A ton of screenshots I took and pasted into the note.

They're showing the broken image icon you sometimes see on websites.

How can I fix this please?

I tried googling and the results it suggested looking at your history to restore the note, but that option is for premium members only! 

Thanks

Yep, gone in the web vesrsion too DTLow.

Thanks kgg.

I'm looking at the history now.

There's 7 versions, two from today, one from 7 days ago and four from 8 days ago.

Anything further back than the two from today only seem to have about 25% of my note text and therefore missing everything.

The two recent vesions have everything, but a huge number of the images are showing as broken image icons.

All images were saved in the last week or so, I can't remember what days exactly.

It doesn't look like they saved or synced correctly.

It's weird though, as they were definitely there. Its the only note I've ever tried to export from evernote, so luckily I do have a PDF backup of it that I shared with someone.

I've been using the same Windows 10 desktop computer all week with evernote, not been syncing it across multiple devices or anything.

56ec29c7697f3_evernoteiamges.PNG.e1c8974

Thanks kgg

I noticed that email came through.

Thankfully it wasnt incredibly important info in the note in question and I had the backup. But it is a concerning issue now thst I've started to use evernote on a daily basis for study, so would be good to get to the bottom of it so I can trust my data will get saved correctly.

I received a reply from Karin saying the dev team believes they found a bug and resolved the issue in the next version of the Windows client. 

Thanks for reaching out to us. My name is Karin and I'm on the technical support team at Evernote.

I understand you are experiencing an issue where you lost images within a note after adding them via the Windows snipping tool.

Our development team believes they have resolved this issue in the next version of the Windows client. We are currently working to release a beta version. I will close this ticket now but I will follow-up with you when this becomes available.

Until then, since our development team believes this issue is related to copying and pasting images into notes, we ask that you save any images to the desktop and drag them into notes or manually attach them using the paper clip icon until this is fixed.

I'm glad to hear you have a backup of these images but I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has created for you. While I understand you would prefer to have not lost the images in the first place, I went ahead and added 30 Evernote Points to your account which you can view and redeem here: https://www.evernote.com/Points.action. Please enjoy 3 months of Premium service on us.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
Karin

I'm quite pleased with the reply.

I found it quite a concerning issue, which shook my faith in the product. The loss had the potential to be a lot more distressing.

I'm impressed with Evernotes reply and action in implementing a fix though. 

Will continue to use the product and give it a go.

Thanks kgg, Karin & co. :)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I just lost >=30 screenshot-snippets in a service/support document during a customer paid support session! I lost 8h work / documentation for the client!

=> Can I somehow retrieve them in a cache folder ? I really need this to recover!

=> Do you have hints how to avoid image loss? What WORKAROUNDS for Version V5.9.9.9915 (277915) Public do you have ?

> In my case I did not have internet access, as I was connected to a VPN during work, Can image loss with Version V5.9.9.9915 (277915) Public avoided by assuring to be connected to Internet and then make a manual sync ?

WHERE can I download the FIXED BETA VERSION? I need a fixed version as fast as possible !

Regards, Hendrik

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, hb_rglux said:

I just lost >=30 screenshot-snippets in a service/support document during a customer paid support session! I lost 8h work / documentation for the client!

Have you checked:

1. EN Trash
  2. Note History

If you can't find them quickly, then I highly recommend you contact Evernote Support Chat for immediate support:

See Evernote Chat Support., available business days 7am-7pm US CT, but only for Premium or Business users. 

(Chat option appears AFTER you click “Continue” on initial “Evernote Support” page.)

If you are not a Premium/Business user, it may be worth a temporary upgrade to Premium for 1 month ($5) to get full support, like Chat.

• 9 months later...

I am having the same issue, many images missing from my notes. Also, a number of my associates experiencing the same problem. I've tried looking at the same notes via a browser and the images are missing there. 

We are all using Evernote 6.4.2.3788, Account Level: Evernote Premium, hosted on Windows 8.

Any help regarding this much appreciated.

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-14 at 1:58 PM, famularoj said:

I am having the same issue, many images missing from my notes. Also, a number of my associates experiencing the same problem. I've tried looking at the same notes via a browser and the images are missing there. 

We are all using Evernote 6.4.2.3788, Account Level: Evernote Premium, hosted on Windows 8.

Any help regarding this much appreciated.

We're a user discussion forum here; you could contact support and open a ticket
Contact Evernote Support

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently was looking up some old notes and found that the images were missing.

In the note images show up as a broken image icon like on a website (it looks like in the first post). And I can right click and it does indeed link to the original website. As the website has changed in the last 2 years they are no longer valid.

I think i downloaded these notes from websites with the webclipper plug-in back then. I thought the whole point of this exercise was that the images are downloaded with the text and not kept as a link to website?

I looked at other notes I clipped from that same website where the images are still intact. It appears they link to an evernote address, so there are no problems displaying the images. I suppose to recover the images I have to try and download that website clip again if the page still exists. But I would like to know if this problem is known and has been fixed otherwise I wont go through all this work...

Is this likely to happen again? Is there a fix to it?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

The images I captured in my notes yesterday on a Samsung Galaxy 8+ with Evernote 7.9.9 all of a sudden disappeared the next day.  I only see icons in place of the images.  The images do not show up in the trash or in attachments and the same shows up in web and PC version of Evernote.  I took another test picture and it shows up in the same Evernote note on the phone/web/pc, but the original pictures remain an icon that cannot be opened.  I've rebooted the phone and also uninstalled/reinstalled the app with the same results.  Any other options besides paying for premium support for them to tell me the bug will be fixed in the next version :-/ ?

2017-04-24_0-13-59.jpg

2017-04-24_0-32-53.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi there, I'm using non-Premium Evernote Web on a Windows 8 laptop, and I seem to be losing pictures as well. Almost all my pictures are gone, and they were screenshots taken with an app called Gyazo and then pasted into Evernote. My pictures were lost after around an hour when I came back to Evernote, and I'd like to know why this happened and/or if I could get them back.

My notes: https://gyazo.com/4559cf1b877fa928885654dfe8d3d2df

• 2 months later...

I also have images missing from my notes; they appear as broken images, sometimes with a question mark in the middle. I tried opening these notes via Evernote Web in different browsers as well as reverting to the old version of Evernote Web (the notes are from 2013). Any assistance would be appreciated in recovering these notes. Thanks!

• Ex Employees
On 10/23/2017 at 4:56 PM, SG12 said:

I also have images missing from my notes; they appear as broken images, sometimes with a question mark in the middle. I tried opening these notes via Evernote Web in different browsers as well as reverting to the old version of Evernote Web (the notes are from 2013). Any assistance would be appreciated in recovering these notes. Thanks!

If you right-click the note, and select "Save attachments" does the image save to the PC? Can you export the note, and DM the .enex? 

• 2 months later...

UPD. I solved the problem by opening the note in the mobile app. It showed an error message, asking if I wanted to open the earlier version of the note. I tapped "ok" -- and my note appeared undamaged on my phone. It still was corrupted on the desktop though. I found the workaround by making a copy of the note in the mobile app -- now all the images are displayed both in the web and in the app version.  

I've encountered a similar problem: All of a sudden all the images from the note I was working in disappeared. Images in the other notes seem to be intact. Moreover, when I added an image to the damaged note, it worked just fine -- the last image is displayed correctly, while those disappeared previously still displayed as the broken images. Would appreciate your support greatly, thanks in advance. 

P.S. I run free Evernote on Windows X.

Edited by Andy SPL
solution to the problem found
  • 1 month later...

I found a solution to my problem. I had to go to my mobile which still contained the last version. I copied and pasted all my work into my email. I then put the emailed work into the imported history which contained my missing photos.

I do assurance on a multimillion dollars government project. I even paid for a premium version to have all the bells and whistles. I can not afford to loose my work like this again.

Would you be able to guide me through migrating my work to Onenote please?

Thank you

• 10 months later...

Apparently, there is an issue with  Snipping tool. I fixed my issue by using Snip&Sketch tool that has been introduced in the latest update of Windows 10.

Also, you can try to use third-party screenshot tools or simply save you screenshot in JMPEG first and then add into your notes. 

• 1 year later...

I am having this same problem. I am losing many images that I copied into the program. It is starting to get problematic, because probably 1/50 images eventually become lost and are replaced with this lost image icon. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using the Windows desktop program.