Due to limited holiday staffing, chat will be unavailable from Thursday, July 2 at 5:30 PM (CDT) to Monday, July 13 at 8 AM (CDT). This will allow us to reply to your email requests as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding. ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncage

Scanning Resolution for Printing?

Hello everyone.  I use my scansnap to scan lots of things into evernote that i will later want to print at some point. Receipts would be a perfect example. I want to digitize everything so i through out my original receipt & scan it into evernote. When i then go try to print my receipt later the print isn't 1:1. I'm assuming this is because the original resolution i scanned the receipts/documents in at. Do you have tips/tricks on determining what resolution to scan documents in at that will likely be printed later and when printed you want a 1:1 sized print.

3 hours ago, ncage said:

Do you have tips/tricks on determining what resolution to scan documents in at that will likely be printed later and when printed you want a 1:1 sized print.

The scan resolution should not affect the size, only the quality of the document.
I would also scan documents to PDF, not to an image (like jpg or png).
When you print, you should have options for:

• Original size
  • 100%
  • Fit to Page
  • etc

Since this is really not an Evernote issue, you may want to Google "scan resolution print" for more info.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but you could try scanning in at the same resolution as you use on your printer. 

9 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

The scan resolution should not affect the size, only the quality of the document.
I would also scan documents to PDF, not to an image (like jpg or png).
When you print, you should have options for:

• Original size
  • 100%
  • Fit to Page
  • etc

Since this is really not an Evernote issue, you may want to Google "scan resolution print" for more info.

Yes i realize it's not an evernote issue directly :) i was just assuming the knowledgable people on this forum have thought about the same type of issues and had some helpful info to share. Anyways i appreciate the details. I though resolution affected print size