Phantom PDF files in every note

Just today I noticed that when using Evernote on my computer (through the Windows app), in the note viewing panel on the right there is a "phantom" PDF file at the start of every note.  If I double click the note to open it the file is not there.  The only way I can get rid of it is to reboot my computer.  But it happens again once I view a note that has a PDF attached, the PDF file appears to be inserted in every note. 

This is so bizarre!  

Besides being annoying, it's awful timing because I am giving a presentation on how I use Evernote in a networking meeting this week, and wanted to show them how I have it set up on my computer! 

I've attached a screen shot - You can see the PDF on the note screen on the right side, but when the note is opened, it disappears.  It is in EVERY note I display here, though not in the actual note. How do I fix this??

56e72768b0483_evernotephantompdf.thumb.J

evernote phantom pdf.JPG

• Level 5*
22 minutes ago, FamilyTreks said:

Just today I noticed that when using Evernote on my computer (through the Windows app), in the note viewing panel on the right there is a "phantom" PDF file at the start of every note.  If I double click the note to open it the file is not there.  The only way I can get rid of it is to reboot my computer.  But it happens again once I view a note that has a PDF attached, the PDF file appears to be inserted in every note. 

Besides being annoying, it's awful timing because I am giving a presentation on how I use Evernote in a networking meeting this week, and wanted to show them how I have it set up on my computer! How do I fix this??

I'd encourage you to open a support ticket.
For diy, I'd suggest a re-install of the Evernote app that includes a rebuild of your database.

Archived