Clipper only Clipping Header of Webpages - Chrome

MotoShawn

Recently, I've noticed more and more websites and places I visit frequently, when I'm attempting to do a "full article" clip, it only clips the header and the rest of the information doesn't come across. It's most prominent in my online school website. If I do the "printer friendly" version, it clips the whole article. I however, have had the problem in a couple of other websites that I've tried to clip articles from. I've had to resort to printing the page in PDF and dragging that into evernote. Anyone else having the issue or resolved it in some fashion? I've made sure my webclipper, chrome, and evernote are all at the most recent versions.

• Level 5*

Hi.  When you think of the range of technologies that are now employed in websites,  by authors of wildly varying skills and varying intentions,  it's remarkable that Clipper manages to get to most of them.  It doesn't carry a 100% guarantee,  so if occasionally you have to a bit of the heavy lifting and find the mobile version of the page,  the printer-friendly one,  or out-and-out print the thing to PDF,  don't worry.  Bad things happen.  I've also resorted to snapshots of pages before now if it proves hard to get the information I need.

If it happens a lot,  or causes you workflow problems,  then by all means report the 'buggy' page(s) to support (send them the URLs) - maybe there's a new trick out there that needs to be included in Clipper's repertoire.  Otherwise,  welcome to the joys of computing - high speed access to your next problem...

On 14 maart 2016 at 5:58 PM, MotoShawn said:

Recently, I've noticed more and more websites and places I visit frequently, when I'm attempting to do a "full article" clip, it only clips the header and the rest of the information doesn't come across. It's most prominent in my online school website. If I do the "printer friendly" version, it clips the whole article. I however, have had the problem in a couple of other websites that I've tried to clip articles from. I've had to resort to printing the page in PDF and dragging that into evernote. Anyone else having the issue or resolved it in some fashion? I've made sure my webclipper, chrome, and evernote are all at the most recent versions.

Hi,

With some pages you get sometimes that behavior, yes. I think it has to do with the complexity of the HTML-markup of the page you want to clip, and not necessarily a fault with Evernote.

If you want to clip a page you should also see a selected area and +/- buttons. With those buttons you decrease or increase the area that needs to be clipped. Sometimes it won't take everything even then, so I use the "simple page" option (might be called different in English, I use a Dutch version of Evernote and the web clipper)

Hop this info helps :) 

Archived