Automated tagging

Joachim Facklam

Idea

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Joachim Facklam said:

Could there be some userdriven rules to get all new notes automatic tagged?

Can't do this using the native Evernote, but a third-party Evernote add-on has just been announced that does exactly that.
I have NOT used this add-on/service, so I can't vouch for it.  But it looks very interesting.

See:

• Level 5*
17 hours ago, Joachim Facklam said:

Some notes (mail sent) have more than one tag. Sometimes 3 to 5. So I have always to remember which to get them tagged right.

Could there be some userdriven rules to get all new notes automatic tagged? Thank you very much. Yours Joachim

Workaround. 

If it is the same group of 5 tags you can use something like PhaseExpress to create a hot key which will enter your EN email address and add the notebook and tags to the end of the subject line.  You can even have the hot key "clean up" the top of the body of the email.  I do this for some emails I receive so I am able to hit forward and then Shift-Alt-<character> and then press send.  Each <character> represents a different sender and therefore a different set of tags.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, DBrian said:

Much web content (e.g. articles) has tags/labels. Why doesn't Evernote use these as suggested tags when clipping? Would be EASY to implement. 

Can you give some specific examples and how you would implement

On my Mac, the web clipper has these options
Smart Filing is described as automatically suggests a related notebook and/or tag for new web clips based on the similarity of your new clip to previous clips.

Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 7.20.43 AM.png

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, DBrian said:

Much web content (e.g. articles) has tags/labels. Why doesn't Evernote use these as suggested tags when clipping? Would be EASY to implement. 

I doubt that many people would like Evernote to create new tags by itself. The webclipper do however add current tags at the best of its abilities.

On 6/18/2016 at 5:49 PM, gustavgi said:

I doubt that many people would like Evernote to create new tags by itself. The webclipper do however add current tags at the best of its abilities.

I would! I would like the option to have it auto-tag url's & names.

For instance: www.nytimes.com should always tag "NYTimes" (or however I want to note it. Let me decide the vernacular). I would also like names to be extracted. Evernote should be able to scan for "John Smith" and if "John Smith" is found, give me options to decide on THAT vernacular: "John Smith" or better, "Smith, John." I would also like the date of the article to be automatically tagged as "2017-11-03" for November 3, 2017. Seems to me this is an easy bit of coding. Certainly the URL and date scan is.

We should be able to assign tag rules to make this happen, or in the alternative, I need a third party app to make this happen. If anyone knows it, TELL ME PLEASE.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, AnnieUSA said:

We should be able to assign tag rules to make this happen, or in the alternative, I need a third party app to make this happen. If anyone knows it, TELL ME PLEASE.

There is third party app Filterize

I use scripting on my Mac

Archived