Mac Shortcut Navigation Menu disappeared

Macbook / OSX Yosemite

Does anyone know how to make my shortcut navigation menu 'reappear'.  I'm not sure where in the heck it went but it's gone :(.  Attached is what my view looks like. It's not an option listed for me under "View" either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 2.29.05 PM.png

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, tbehre said:

Does anyone know how to make my shortcut navigation menu 'reappear'.  I'm not sure where in the heck it went but it's gone :(.  Attached is what my view looks like. It's not an option listed for me under "View" either.

Have you tried the menu View > Show Toolbar ?

• Level 5*
On March 12, 2016 at 1:33 PM, tbehre said:

Does anyone know how to make my shortcut navigation menu 'reappear'. 

Its there, on the left side, with the width reduced so the only thing showing is some icons, tag notebook, globe

Try grabbing the sidebar and dragging it wider

IMG_1027.jpg.884c5fdf01c10707eb40d745e00

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any explanation or resolution for this issue?  I've confirmed that the Shortcuts list is still available in the Windows, IOS and Android clients.  My Mac is my primary machine so it's extra annoying that it's suddenly gone from only this platform.

Not sure if you have solved this yet but dragging it did work for me. I had the same view as you and could not see my shortcuts. At first it didn't seem like it was doing anything when I was dragging, but by continuing to hold down and drag over it "popped" out once I got far enough over. 

• Level 5*
On March 28, 2016 at 9:22 AM, ReeseCup said:

Has anyone seen any explanation or resolution for this issue?  I've confirmed that the Shortcuts list is still available in the Windows, IOS and Android clients.  My Mac is my primary machine so it's extra annoying that it's suddenly gone from only this platform.

In addition to the solution above, you might also look at Sidebar Options and make sure Shortcuts is checked

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 1.24.44 PM.png

On 3/28/2016 at 11:22 AM, ReeseCup said:

This occurs after having Evernote open in Split Screen view. You can expand the Sidebar again by hovering the cursor in between the Sidebar and Preview panel until the cursor changes, and dragging it to the right.

It's strange to me that the dragging the slider gives no indication whatsoever that anything is going to happen.....then, just as you said, the Shortcuts section just suddenly starts to reveal itself.

Thank's so much for explaining the trick with this.  It's been driving me crazy since the last update that I couldn't work this out on my own.

• BSR featured this topic
9 hours ago, tbehre said:

Thank you TroyR, BSR, and ReeseCup!  continuing to drag the slider (despite no indication that anything is truly happening) did work!  Thank you again :)

Glad to hear it!

• 1 year later...

I was having this same problem.  I saw everything on my work Mac but on my personal Mac, I was not seeing the shortcuts - And it wasn't listed in the 'view' menu (weird).  As soon as I dragged the sidebar far enough every thing appeared including the options in the view menu.

Thank you so much for this thread, without it I would have been going crazy trying to figure out where it all went to.

Archived