How do you change save location in right click option

curious1

I am using web clipper in chrome and firefox.  If I use the extension button from the address bar, a menu drops down and provides me a series of options such as which notebook to save in and what format to save in.  HOWever, if I am in the web page and want to simply right click to do a quick "save to evernote" option, it doesn't give me the option to change the notebook.  Does anyone know how to select a particular notebook?  The reason is that this is much faster than navigating up to the menu and then clicking save.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I'm not sure I follow the two methods here - I've got an Elephant icon on the top toolbar which is available wherever I am in a page's navigation structure.  Where are you seeing this other 'save to Evernote' option?

I normally use chrome on a mac.  I have the elephant also in the menu bar.  if you move the cursor into the browser page, and right click, there will be a drop down menu that has an option that says "evernote web clipper".  It clips but I can't figure out how to choose which notebook it goes into.

In firefox, there is a similar command achieved by the same steps but it says "clip full page"

Lastly, I put a similar question but I figure I will just ask you here also, is it your experience that the evernote web clipper is extremely slow (8-15 seconds a page???)  The reason I ask is that I find this to really interrupt working with the start stop nature of it.  I have tried pocket and it just zaps the page right away.  With ever clip it takes forever to clip and if you are zipping through many tabs it basically stops you in your tracks as you try to close the tabs.

I am starting to think that I am doing something wrong but I see others have posted also.

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, curious1 said:

The reason is that this is much faster than navigating up to the menu and then clicking save.

You can set a shortcut key for the Evernote clipper in Chrome.
Click on the EN Clipper button to bring up the clipper popup, and then click on "Options" at the bottom.

When you right-click with your mouse you get the browser context-menu, with options your browser offers (save, print, view source,..) An item for Evernote is indeed added to that context menu, but sends clips to the default notebook. If you want to specify in which notebook the clip should be saved, use the web clipper.

Archived