Can I prevent accidentally moving private notes to share notebook?

My employer doesn't have a  Evernote business account, so I made a shared notebook for my team to use. Today I discovered that I had accidentally dragged my main notebook underneath the shared notebook, potentially exposing all of my most sensitive, private information to the team.  Is there a way to prevent the mixing of private information with shared notebooks?

I don't know when I move the notebook as I did not do it intentionally, and did not know that it had happened until I discovered it while processing my evernotes inbox. 

• Level 5*

It is rather easy to drag and drop a notebook by accident if you;re not looking at it very carefully.  In such situations,  about the only protection you have in your own account is to have separate notebook stacks for Personal and Work.  However you could also start another basic account (you'll need a second email address) either to use that as your work notebook,  or given that you've already shared one notebook from your present account,  to move your personal notes to the new account and 'share' your notebook back to yourself.  If you limit the share privileges to 'view and edit' but not 'invite others',  work-you won't be allowed to share personal-you's information with anyone else.

(That made sense in my head...  :wacko:)

On March 9, 2016 at 11:11 AM, TheGooch said:

My employer doesn't have a  Evernote business account, so I made a shared notebook for my team to use. Today I discovered that I had accidentally dragged my main notebook underneath the shared notebook, potentially exposing all of my most sensitive, private information to the team.  Is there a way to prevent the mixing of private information with shared notebooks?

I don't know when I move the notebook as I did not do it intentionally, and did not know that it had happened until I discovered it while processing my evernotes inbox. 

Hey @TheGooch,

I tried testing this out on my Mac, and when I drag and drop an entire notebook on top of another notebook it creates a notebook stack but doesn't add the content within that notebook to another one. The only time this should happen is if you take individual notes and drag/drop those onto another notebook. 

On March 11, 2016 at 0:07 PM, amanda_h said:

Hey @TheGooch,

I tried testing this out on my Mac, and when I drag and drop an entire notebook on top of another notebook it creates a notebook stack but doesn't add the content within that notebook to another one. The only time this should happen is if you take individual notes and drag/drop those onto another notebook. 

Thanks for testing it out.  I'll still look at creating a dedicated account, though. 

Archived