Mac select tag from list

On the PC there's a menu item to open the tags list and click to select tags for a note.  I can't find a similar function for the Mac version?  It would be nice if you could right-click on the tag editbox and get a pop-up list of selectable tags.  Or a menu.  Something.

Thanks!

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, dec4106 said:

On the PC there's a menu item to open the tags list and click to select tags for a note.  I can't find a similar function for the Mac version?  It would be nice if you could right-click on the tag editbox and get a pop-up list of selectable tags.  Or a menu. 

That's a plus for the dark side; the Assign Tags menu

Nothing like it on the Mac.  
It never worried me too much.  
I have the taglist in the sidebar, but mostly I just start typing a tag name and get a dropdown list to select from.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, dec4106 said:

On the PC there's a menu item to open the tags list and click to select tags for a note.  I can't find a similar function for the Mac version?

If you are referring to the EN Win Assign Tags Dialog (CTRL+ALT+T), then I agree, that is a very powerful, easy-to-use tool that we definitely need in EN Mac.

For reference:

EN-Win-5.9.6-Assign-Tags.png

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

I just start typing a tag name and get a dropdown list to select from

I also use that a lot -- it's really the only effective tag-assign-tool that we have in EN Mac.

But I still would like to have the EN Win Assign Tags Dialog since it is so powerful and flexible.

3 hours ago, dec4106 said:

I tend to forget exactly how I named and capitalized tags.

FYI, you need not worry about capitalization.  All of the tags features are insensitive to the case of the Tag name.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

FYI, you need not worry about capitalization.  All of the tags features are insensitive to the case of the Tag name.

That is correct. Tags are not affected by capitalization.

For consistency reasons I always type my tags in lower case.

Another reason I use lower case is that some of Evernote other search terms are affected by capitalization.

For example, in Evernote Windows, these capitalizations will cause the search to fail.:

notebook: vs Notebook:
any: vs Any: 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, dec4106 said:

Yea, but I tend to forget exactly how I named and capitalized tags.  
Especially those not used every day.  English words have so many synonyms! :wacko:

If I typed my tags free form. I'd probably have a mess of different spellings.
I make a point of selecting my tag from a list.
It also helps to have a naming scheme to categorize your tags
- for example all my who tags are prefixed with ?

Archived