Scan Snap Evernote Edition, Crashing scans

BethelSDtech

Idea

Hello, I work at a school district and have recieved a brand new out the box Scan Snap Evernote Edition scanner. I don't run into many issues at all with the fujimax line of scanners and can generally trouble shoot the issues myself.

I am stumped here, after a fresh install, and fresh fujimax scan snap evernote edition drivers I am scanning, evernote opens up, stalls, and crashes. This happens 100% of the time. I went through and deleted all the files on OS-X through applications and deep inside the operating system folders. I did another re-install to no avail.

I am running 10.10.5 OS-X Yosemite.

The error I get is EXC_Crash (SIGSEGV)

Thread 1 Crashed: : Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager

Any ideas? Detailed answers and steps are appreciated.

8 replies to this idea

I am having the same problem.  Just install evernote scansnap.  Tried to scan... then it takes me through the set up process again with the evernote scansnap... and crashes...  

I had the premium before I bought the scansnap so I skip that part in the set up but don't think that would be a problem.

I am using Version 6.5 .

Any help?

Same problem here! Running OS X 10.9.5.

Uninstalling Scansnap software and Evernote doesn't help; I get the same crash on starting Evernote (and then going through the forced sequence of choosing default notebooks for the scanner, etc.

I get these errors in Console:

3/16/16 10:49:19.702 PM WindowServer[145]: _CGXSetWindowBackgroundBlurRadius: Invalid window 0xffffffff

3/16/16 10:49:35.026

PM Evernote[6573]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_VNODE] delete: "Bad file descriptor" - 0x

3/16/16 10:49:35.026 PM Evernote[6573]: BUG in libdispatch client: kevent[EVFILT_VNODE] delete: "Bad file descriptor" - 0x9

I have filed a ticket with Evernote, but so far haven't heard back

Archived