Open multiple notes simultaneously (in one operation)?

I realize one can open different notes in separate tabs, but is there a way to open more than one note simultaneously -- i.e., similar to selecting multiple files to open at the same time by Ctl-clicking them individually before clicking 'Open'? 

Thanks.

• Level 5*

Don't know if Mac has the same, but in Windows you can highlight the notes and right click to find an Open Notes (Ctrl-Enter) option. 

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Don't know if Mac has the same, but in Windows you can highlight the notes and right click to find an Open Notes (Ctrl-Enter) option. 

Same feature on Mac; select multiple notes,  right click > Open

@csihillinh & @DTLow, thanks for the replies.   When I click on any note's icon (or on its text title) in the left sidebar it immediately opens up in the viewing area.

Because of that I don't see how to even make multiple selections.

Is there some setting that allows note selection to be made without actually opening the note?

Thanks again.

• Level 5*

In Windows you can Alt-left click the notes in the group you want, or click the first note in a range and then shift-left click the last note.  Normal multi select method.  Then you can open them all.

19 hours ago, csihilling said:

In Windows you can Alt-left click the notes in the group you want, or click the first note in a range and then shift-left click the last note.  Normal multi select method.  Then you can open them all.

Thanks.  Although I can now select multiple notes, once I've done that there is no option to 'open' them, only to perform other operations, e.g., merge, move to notebook, etc.  The selected notes tile in the main viewing area with a dialog box that displays those and other options; however, 'open' is not one of them.

• Level 5*

Don't know what to say.  Below is what I see after right clicking on the selected notes.  EN version 5.9.6.9494 on Windows 10.  @DTLow says the same option exists on the Mac.

ee3bd299aea85b468db37cf66f630a4d.png.35b

Thanks, with several notes selected and aggregated in the middle of the screen (via Cmd-Clicking each individually), there is a dialog box with options to:

Send Notes / Merge / Save attachments / Create Table of Contents Note / Start Presentation and Move to Notebook (also option to "Click to add tags").

There are no other options displayed in the dialog box.

How are you bringing up those additional options once the group of selected notes appear in the center of the screen?

BTW, the notes I see appear as icons in the middle of the screen, not as text.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, mkraft77 said:

there is a dialog box with options to:....

Ignoring the dialog box; right click on your selected notes in the note list area

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, mkraft77 said:

Already tried that many times.  Nothing happens.

How about just right clicking on one note in the list area - do you get this menu?

6 hours ago, DTLow said:

How about just right clicking on one note in the list area - do you get this menu?

It's working now.  I see that menu (the one you posted above) if I right-click on one of the selected items in the left sidebar instead of where the notes are aggregated in the center of the note area.

I'm sure I tried that before, so the problems I had may have been due to technical issues I was having at the time with my computer -- very strange behavior, eventually requiring me to do a full reboot even after a reset.

Anyway, whatever the reason I appreciate the assistance.  You too, csihilling.

One question, though:  it would be a lot faster to be able to select multiple notes the way one selects multiple files in file directory -- i.e., as text (no icons/thumbnails).  Any way to do that?

Thanks again.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, mkraft77 said:
One question, though:  it would be a lot faster to be able to select multiple notes the way one selects multiple files in file directory -- i.e., as text (no icons/thumbnails).  Any way to do that?

The note list section has several view options (option box in the upper right corner.

Its a personal choice; I use the top list view.

56d91b89bd909_ScreenShot2016-03-03at9.21

I was just coming back to say I'd figured that out.  

Not completely sure yet, but note selection, depending on whether you're selecting contiguous or non-contiguous notes, seems to use the <Cmd> <Shift> and <Option> keys, but not <Ctl>.

Thanks again.

Archived