How do I share a page so that...

Hi there! I've been searching for days and I keep coming up empty. So I'll try and just explain what I am after, and maybe(hopefully) someone out there knows how to get the results I am after!

Essentially.

1.) I have my notebooks and notes on my left sidebar. When I click one, it displays in my main window. Awesome.

2.) I share that note with someone!

3.) I want them to now have that note on their left sidebar, and I want it to display in their main window. Furthermore, If they (or I) make edits, I want them/me to receive those edits right there on my main window, without having to go through work chat.

Currently, the closest I have come is opening a note shared through work chat, and going to note>copy to notebook; The problem is that this only creates a static copy of the note, and if I open it from my left bar to make edits, it's considered a different 'version' and the other party doesn't receive the update.

Basically I want it to work like OneNote. I create a note, rightclick>share it, and I want the persons who receive it to now have it on their left where they can just make edits, and it stays current for both of us without having to chat back and forth. Even if it were possible to just work chat share it once, but DRAG it to the left so it was able to keep it up to date without passing it around through work chat. I'm stumped.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I think the answer is fairly simple..  Try sharing your notes by sharing a notebook first.  Either a different one for each collaborator,  or one notebook for all.  When you want to share a note to your collabs,  just move it to the shared notebook.  If they have by then 'joined' that notebook,  they should be able to see the shared-in notebook in the left panel,  and view notes that will change when your changes sync to the server,  and the server then syncs to them.  So:  not instant,  but probably within 30 minutes or so.

See https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314748

Archived