Accelerating the Windows app

I started having serious lag when typing in the Windows downloaded client (a delay of up to several seconds before typed text would appear on-screen). I found a couple things that helped dramatically...

- Breaking very large notes into smaller notes 

- Using "Simplify Formatting" occasionally on notes that are particularly laggy

... but I'm curious if there are any other recommendations for keeping the Windows client moving along well?

Many thanks.

• Level 5*
51 minutes ago, Ellie2015 said:

current version (5.x?) of the Windows client

If you goto Help > Activity Log, the info you need is the 2nd and 3rd lines of the log at the top:

For example:

15:26:54 [3256] Evernote for Windows 5.9.6.9494 (277494) Public
15:26:54 [3256] Client info: Evernote Windows/277494; Windows/6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (Win64)

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Ellie2015 said:

Evernote for Windows 5.9.6.9494 (277494) Public

Look like you have the latest EN Win update.  There is a beta version, but I don't recommend it as a number of users have reported serious issues with it.  

Performance issues with EN Win have been reported for some time by many users.  Here is one example:  Evernote Slow and Unresponsive.   Some seem to be more affected by this issue than others.  It is not clear why.  So I recommend that you submit a bug report so that Evernote will have the details of your environment.

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

• 3 weeks later...

Archived