Comparison (Diff) of two note versions in evernote

Whenever i make changes to a note, evernote sometimes is not able to merge the new changes to the note and instead creates a new copy of the old note as  a new note, the new note containing the newer changes.

So now i have two versions of the same note. One previous version, and the other newer version.

Sometimes, i see 3-4 versions of the same note, but i don't know what the difference in all the notes are. I want to compare both the note versions to find out which one i need to keep.

How do i do this in evernote?

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, DrBugs said:

evernote sometimes is not able to merge the new changes to the note and instead creates a new copy of the old note as  a new note, the new note containing the newer changes.

So now i have two versions of the same note. One previous version, and the other newer version.

How do i do this in evernote?

This seems to be a confusion with the Evernote sync function.  If everything goes as planned, Evernote replaces old notes with the new modified notes - there is no merge operation.

When there are sync problems, for example a note is changed on two devices without syncing, Evernote informs you there is an issue by showing you both versions of the notes.  Beyond this there is nothing further in Evernote in Evernote to help you resolve the differences.

You can search the forums; I saw mention of an automated solution.  My process is to display the two notes side by side and reconcile manually.

Archived