Sharing notes within desktop app

sarracenia

Idea

I like the ability to share notes, but when I click on a link to a note it opens in my web browser, rather than in the desktop app. I then have to click the "View in Evernote" link (top right) in order to open it in the desktop app.

I'd like the ability to control where the note opens, so that I can set it to open in the desktop app by default.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, sarracenia said:

I like the ability to share notes, but when I click on a link to a note it opens in my web browser, rather than in the desktop app. I then have to click the "View in Evernote" link (top right) in order to open it in the desktop app.

I'd like the ability to control where the note opens, so that I can set it to open in the desktop app by default.

Can't set it as a default, but if you hold down the option key when you copy a link, you get the classic link that opens directly in Evernote. 

This works with your own notes - not sure about shared notes.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Are these links to notes someone else has shared with you?  Or links in a shared notebook?  In either case,  how did you accept the share?  By electing to view a note,  or join the notebook?  Or are the links to notes in your own notebook?

This help site might give you some useful background.

Archived