Clear (or change) background color

I am using the Mac client. When I copy text from a terminal (black background) and paste into Evernote, it picks the terminal font and fore- and back-ground colors. See attached screenshot.56cb445ba0296_ScreenShot2016-02-22at2.24

Is there a way to ignore font background colors when pasting into an evernote window? Or at least, be able to change it white so it blends with the rest of the note?  (I do not see a "change background color" button for selections either!)

• Level 5*

2 hours ago, Hernan said:

Is there a way to ignore font background colors when pasting into an evernote window? Or at least, be able to change it white so it blends with the rest of the note?  (I do not see a "change background color" button for selections either!)

You might try Simplify and Make Text Plain under the Format menu.  Its an after pasting solution that cleans up many problems.

@DTLow THANK YOU! this have always been a huge pain that I would have to these really od and long work arounds to fix. I wish that they would add a solution like:

past to match style so would match the text in my not already.

remove format button in the toolbar or hot key.

Thanks again I literally spent hours looking at this.

• 1 year later...

A button to change the background colour would be great.

But, to answer the OP question, in order to paste with no formatting (so the text looks like the existing text), use Shift-Ctrl-V instead of Ctrl-V

This is not just for Evernote, but is common to most apps

Archived