copying & pasting from evernote to pgadmin (sql)

Hello!

My apologies if this has been asked/answered already - I spent a few minutes trying to find an answer but gave up.

I've been using Evernote since 2013 to store adhoc sql queries that I reuse. Makes it super easy to build a library that can be searched on for my support team!

However, I've been having an issue for about the past year where I can seem to no longer be able to copy a query from Evernote directly into pgadmin (my db query tool).

Screen shot of what happens when I copy/paste attached... It doesnt matter if I do the copy/paste from keyboard short cuts or from my mouse - it will never paste into pgadmin. 

My work around has been to copy/paste from evernote to textwrangler or outlook and then to the database tool - which is just getting flat out annoying at this point. :(

Any help would be much appreciated!

results of paste.png

• Level 5*
On 2/17/2016 at 0:44 PM, baliofhay said:

However, I've been having an issue for about the past year where I can seem to no longer be able to copy a query from Evernote directly into pgadmin (my db query tool).

Evernote has recently released EN Mac 6.5 Beta 3 Release Candidate which includes a "Code Block" feature.  This should solve your problem, when it is made available in a general, production release.  I don't recommend updating to Beta software (of any app) for production use, for apps critical to your workflow.

In the meantime, you could use AppleScript or Keyboard Maestro to convert the selected text in EN to plain text.  This would actually be very easy in AppleScript.

Archived