Exclude content in embedded PDFs when searching?

Is there a way to exclude PDF content when searching?

For example, I have some notes where I embedded a PDF ebook (example, a book on a programming language), and in the same note further down is where I add my own notes, clarify concepts, etc.

Sometimes I want to jump to a part of my notes where I wrote something, but the problem is (even if put my cursor UNDER the embedded PDF), it still searches the PDF which of course had hundreds of pages on what I was searching on. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, natv said:

For example, I have some notes where I embedded a PDF ebook (example, a book on a programming language), and in the same note further down is where I add my own notes, clarify concepts, etc.Sometimes I want to jump to a part of my notes where I wrote something,

On the Mac, I have the option of viewing pdfs as inline or attachment.  This is an app preference or right-click on the note.

When viewing as attachment, the pdf only takes a small space and I can see my notes under it.

Not sure the term, I have the PDF in the note, where only one pages shows at a time and I can go forwards/back, etc  (not sure if that is attached or embedded maybe I used the wrong term when describing it)

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, natv said:

Not sure the term,

Here's a screenshot of a note with the pdf viewed as an attachment.
I right-clicked on the pdf, and can switch to Inline mode.

56bf88166df10_ScreenShot2016-02-13at11.4

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, natv said:

if I put them as attached instead of inline my search queries ignore the PDFs

The search results may not show the found text in the PDFs, but I'm pretty sure that PDFs are included in the search even when they are shown inline.  IOW, Search will return Notes that have the search text in the PDF regardless of how it is viewed.

That's fine if a global search searches the content of those PDFs.

My original issue was that in a search from inside the note, it was very difficult to find what I had noted (as notes in the note) since the terms I was searching appeared in many places in the PDF(s).  Once I make them as attachments instead of Inline, the in-page search didn't look in the PDFs which is good

Archived