Upgrade Required?

I have just started using Evernote.  I have found things on the web using my laptop, clipped and snipped, and I have also directed emails on my phone and on my laptop to Evernote, synchronized, and everything appears to be in working order.  Love it!

Now I am getting messages to upgrade.  My question is if the information is synchronized, and residing on my laptop, do I need to upgrade?  Can I clear out the Evernote cloud, and continue to snip and clip?  Or must I keep things in the cloud?  Are the levels for Evernote based on storage requirements or on the amount of data transferred?

I think the web chat and phone number needs to include pre-purchase questions for those of us who don't know what we are talking about (yet)!

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, jillsgenealogy@att.net said:

My question is if the information is synchronized, and residing on my laptop, do I need to upgrade?  Can I clear out the Evernote cloud, and continue to snip and clip?  Or must I keep things in the cloud?  Are the levels for Evernote based on storage requirements or on the amount of data transferred?

You only need to upgrade if you need a feature, or increase in a system limit provided by the upgrade.

See:

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, jillsgenealogy@att.net said:

My question is if the information is synchronized, and residing on my laptop, do I need to upgrade?

Sometimes, you can hold off on an upgrade. People hold off for a variety of reasons.

Is there a reason you don't want to upgrade? Generally it's a good thing.

Archived