el capitan 10.11.3 crash on launch

Hi @olly_big_hausen,

Typically when all downloadable versions of the Evernote application are crashing on launch the issue can be resolved with a database rebuild.

If you're not able to see all of your notes on www.evernote.com, or if you have any local notebooks in the Evernote application on your computer, please do not proceed with these rebuild steps and instead open a ticket at https://evernote.com/contact/support/ticket/

To rebuild your Evernote for Mac database, follow these steps:

1. Minimize all applications
2. Open the Finder app and select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar
3. Copy each of the following lines separately into the 'Go to the folder' field (one or both may work), then click Go:
      ~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/
      ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/accounts/
4. Move the 'www.evernote.com' folder to your computer's desktop
5. Open Evernote and log in to your Evernote account

Evernote will download all of your synced notes from the servers and create a new database on your computer.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, amanda_h said:

To rebuild your Evernote for Mac database, follow these steps:

Thanks for the steps.

There is one big issue:  Local Notebooks.

• I know you mentioned this in the text above the steps, but I think it needs to be highlighted so people do not lose their Local NBs.
  • Before you move, rename, or delete your existing Evernote database, you need to export to ENEX all notes in Local NBs, with each NB going to a separate ENEX file (so you can identify the NB when you import).
  • The download of sync'd NBs obviously does NOT include your Local NBs.
  • After the download/rebuild of the Evernote database, you will need import these ENEX files.
7 hours ago, amanda_h said:

Move the 'www.evernote.com' folder to your computer's desktop

I don't like to clutter my desktop.  Wouldn't a rename work just as well:
www.evernote.com.OLD

Archived