• Level 5*

Could you explain further
Right now, when I select multiple notes, I get the box shown below
I have my tag list in the sidebar, 
- I can drag my notes to a tag
- I can start typing in the "Click to add tags" box and get a short list

How would a shortcut work?

56b8a34017eb1_ScreenShot2016-02-08at6.16

Sorry, I've been too busy the past few days to make a reply.

• Tag list is a feature I didn't know about, but it's still clunkly IMO now that I'm looking at it. It takes a lot of screen space
  • "Click to add tags" is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, but a shortcut to jump to that box would be great. I don't know of a shortcut to jump to this tag box and start typing is what I'm saying and I'd like to propose it as feature request. This could apply to a single note or when multiple notes are selected. Quick with the fingers is what I'm going for ;)
  • Level 5*
On 2/11/2016 at 11:30 AM, krisdestruction said:

"Click to add tags" is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, but a shortcut to jump to that box would be great. I don't know of a shortcut to jump to this tag box and start typing is what I'm saying and I'd like to propose it as feature request. This could apply to a single note or when multiple notes are selected. Quick with the fingers is what I'm going for ;)

I suspect you're looking for something like the Assign Tags dialog in EN Win.  It is very powerful and easy to use:

• Select one or more notes
  • Press CTRL-ALT-T
  • Start typing Tag name to go to next tag with that name
  • Use HOME, END, PageUp, PageDwn, ArrowUp, ArrowDwn to navigate
  • Press SPACE to select (check) that tag to be assigned when you press the OK button
  • Add new Tags using the box at the bottom
  • This tool was first introduced to EN Win 4 Beta years ago, but has never made it into EN Mac

EN-Win-5.9.6-Assign-Tags.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, krisdestruction said:

Not EN WIn, but EN Mac.

I knew that.  My point, or question really, is does the tool in EN Win (that I showed above) look like what you want?  You were making a request to Evernote, correct?

On 2/8/2016 at 7:28 AM, krisdestruction said:

I propose that a shortcut be added to add a tag to multiple notes

20 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

I knew that.  My point, or question really, is does the tool in EN Win (that I showed above) look like what you want?  You were making a request to Evernote, correct?

Ah, the screenshot was removed for some reason so I don't have a reference anymore of what EN Win looks like. From what I recall from your old post, no it doesn't look like what I want. The interface is too clunky and there's an existing interface for adding tags already. I just need a keyboard binding to jump to that field.

• Level 5*

I just need a keyboard binding to jump to that field.

It's not clear what you are asking for.  Maybe if you posted a screenshot with some annotations it would help.

Ah, the screenshot was removed for some reason so I don't have a reference anymore of what EN Win looks like.

It's still there.  See the above post.

5 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

It's not clear what you are asking for.  Maybe if you posted a screenshot with some annotations it would help.

Sure. I literally want a keyboard shortcut to jump to this field instead of moving my mouse to the field.

5 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

It's still there.  See the above post.

Nope, nada. It's not displaying for me.

56b8a34017eb1_ScreenShot2016-02-08at6.16.05AM.png.3a55758a9b49b3fc88967d30061a297c.png

Archived