Issues with renewing my Premium Subscription through iTunes

I renewed my premium subscription via the i-tunes store for 1 year, 4 days ago. Since yesterday, my account has been downgraded to basic. I've raised a ticket, provided a copy of the receipt, and still nothing.

If this is how Evernote treat their paying customers, then it's no surprise that the business world is awash with rumours of their immanent demise. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  iTunes is a third-party supplier as far as Evernote is concerned,  and communications between the two are occasionally spotty.  It's always best to manage your subscription via the application and direct with Evernote direct.  They're normally pretty quick to deal with this sort of problem (though customer service don't work weekends),  but if you haven't heard anything in 24 hours,  please post your ticket number here.  We'll get an employee to take a look.

And just for the record - rumours concerning Evernote are just that:  they still have over 100M customers,  and aren't going to close overnight anytime soon...

Hi, gazumped,

well, it's good to know someone here is listening. Your explanation makes sense; I got a response from them on Saturday, so I assumed that EN employed people round the clock. 

The ticket number is 1431746. I guess that as it's early morning in California, I won't hear anything until this evening. We shall see.

Thanks for your help. I really hope that EN doesn't go under, for, despite its many shortcomings, it's still better than anything else out there. 

• Level 5*

OK I flagged your ticket for an Admin to look at.  I can't change the title unfortunately - as the original poster you may be able to do that.  I passed that request on to our site Admins too.  Bear with it for a day or two more,  and I'm sure you'll get back to premium.  :)

@gazumped: we actually have weekend support now. It's not the full deck we have during the week, but we are working every day of the week now.

@hatamoto1961: you can rename the thread by hitting "edit" on your original post. I'm happy to rename it for you as well, if you let me know what you'd like for it to say :)

The agent should be able to help you with your renewal, be it on iTunes or direct with us. Gaz is correct though, since iTunes is a third party, purchases through them will sometimes limit our ability to directly support transactions. More info on the different methods is here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314118-How-to-purchase-manage-or-cancel-your-Evernote-subscription

Hi, gbarry,

please rename it - perhaps 'humble pie eaten by irascible old man.'

The agent has indeed sorted the problem out for me, so I'm back as a premium user. Hurrah!

While I've got your attention, can I make four feature requests for the editor?

1. Dark mode.
  2. Line spacing.
  3. Strike-through.
  4. Zoom.

Thank you for your kind attention, and apologies for being a short-tempered grouch.

H.

The new thread title works great :)

That's a good list--we're working on some heavy duty improvements to our editor, and #2-4 are things we're considering as part of our editor updates. "Real" dark mode is a request I've seen floating around our iOS product feedback forums and something we're also considering. We're centralizing community feedback in our product forums with a voting system, so if you see something you'd like to vote up (or down) drop into this forum and let us know what you think. Will help us track. 

https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/215-ios-product-feedback/

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Renewed my subscription in iTunes and extended it to yearly 6 days ago. Now they demoted my account to "Basic". Opened two tickets, Ticket# 1461924 and 1461348 - no response on both even after 24 hours (it is Wednesday!). Have provided a copy of the iTunes invoice - no reply at all!

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, haralds2 said:

I have the same problem. Renewed my subscription in iTunes and extended it to yearly 6 days ago. Now they demoted my account to "Basic". Opened two tickets, Ticket# 1461924 and 1461348 - no response on both even after 24 hours (it is Wednesday!). Have provided a copy of the iTunes invoice - no reply at all!

Hi.  Please don't double post - I'll flag both your posts for the admins,  hopefully you'll get some response soon.

Archived