Prevent Evernote from Saving PDFs Automatically

Ok, I have an admittedly unusual setup, but here it is:

I have a MacBook running Evernote 6.4. I have a Premium Evernote account. On my Mac, I also run Windows 7 under a virtual machine (Parallels Desktop).

When I am running Visio 2013 (which runs under the Windows VM) and do a File > Save As > Save to PDF, the PDF is automatically imported into Evernote on the Mac. How do I stop this behavior? I've seen stuff about the Chrome extension, but the browser does not come into play in my scenario (although I turned off the PDF option in Chrome just to be sure). 

Interesting, if I do File > Save As > Save to PDF in MS Word 2016 running natively on the Mac, the file is NOT imported into Evernote.

Anyone got any thoughts?!

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, KH said:

When I am running Visio 2013 (which runs under the Windows VM) and do a File > Save As > Save to PDF, the PDF is automatically imported into Evernote on the Mac

I suspect this is more of Parallels Desktop issue than an Evernote issue.  I also run Parallels, and have found that I often have to disable application sharing in Parallels to prevent unwanted interactions with Mac apps.  Sorry, I don't have the instructions handy to do this, but I'm sure a google search will provide them.  You might also check with the Parallels support and/or forums.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, KH said:

> Save to PDF, the PDF is automatically imported into Evernote on the Mac.

Is there more to this - are you asked to specify a location?

There is no prompt for a location or anything. The file is sent directly into my default Evernote notebook. The behavior is:

1. I save as PDF in Visio (under Windows)
  2. Evernote launches automatically (if not already open)
  3. Evernote pops up a notification that says Clipped and whatever the file name is (see my attachment -- the file name from Visio was Drawing1)
  4. Then Evernote opens a note in my default notebook and dumps the PDF into it (see my attachment showing the note created)

I also run MS Project on Windows. It does NOT have the same behavior; doesn't interact with Evernote at all. Visio and Project are the only Windows apps that I run, so nothing else to test with. 

I tried deleting the Chrome and Safari extensions for the Evernote web clipper, even though those should not come into play here because there is nothing happening with the web. No change in behavior.

I also turned off the Evernote Helper, with no change in behavior. 

Bizarre and mildly annoying.

ScreenShot.docx

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, KH said:

I save as PDF in Visio (under Windows)

Sorry, I'm not a Visio of Windows user, but usually when I have the Save as PDF prompt, I also select a disk location.
Would this have anything to do with a "watched import folder"

Archived