Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac crashes when starting Evernote

My Outlook 2016 Mac (Office 365) latest update crashes when I press the Evernote button in a message. I have upgraded to the latest version of EN as well but nothing helps. Anyone to there with suggestions?

The crash says: 

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION
Date/Time: 2016-02-04 03:33:26 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Outlook
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Outlook
Application Signature: OPIM
Application TimeStamp: 0x5690ff12
Application Version: 15.18.0.160109
Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation
Crashed Module Version: 1256.14.0
Crashed Module Offset: 0x00187f79
Blame Module Name: osf
Blame Module Version: 1.0.0
Blame Module TimeStamp: 0x5690ff0c
Blame Module Offset: 0x00000000000f7e02
StachHash: ffff9c58
Application LCID: 1030
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0406
Crashed thread: 0
uncaught ObjC exception, reason: -[NSNib _initWithNibNamed:bundle:options:] could not load the nibName: OsfLoadingStateView in bundle NSBundle </Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Frameworks/osf.framework> (loaded).

• Level 5*

I'm only up to Windows Outlook 2013 so can't really comment - standard fixes for Outlook problems are to repair your installation if that option is available to you,  and to uninstall / restart / reinstall Evernote (backup your database first and ask for more help if you have any Local Notebooks).  In Win Outlook 2013 I can configure 'quick steps' to (amongst other options) forward selected emails to my Evernote account email address (but that option won't be available to basic accounts).  If no one comes up with any alternative suggestions,  and if you can,  you may prefer to forward emails rather than try to fix the existing installation - it's easier than a full-on reinstall!

Thanks, Gazumped. The issue is, however, with Outlook for Mac. I can reproduce it on every Mac I get access to so it must be a general bug in either Outlook or the Evernote plugin. Having said that, thanks again for replying to this post :-)

I will use your idea with mailing to my Evernote Account as a work-around.

Archived