Batch Rename Part of Title

I have a lot of notes containing the date in the title  e.g. 2015/01/01. Since in many situations the forward slash is not usable but the underscore sign instead more likely, could any one tell me if there is a to have a batch renaming such note titles. 

Thx

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, bswiss56 said:

could any one tell me if there is a to have a batch renaming such note titles. ...Since in many situations the forward slash is not usable but the underscore sign instead more likely

Not that I know of

Can you give examples where the forward slash is not useable?
Its what I'm currently using as my Insert Date Preference; it was the only short form option

Also when I want to automatize the scan naming...

Well it is ok if we do not have a tool to rename a bunch of notes. I will take my time and do it manually. It is really no problem. It would have been nice. That's all. But thank you for thinking along with me.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Not that I know of

Can you give examples where the forward slash is not useable?

I don;t believe / is searchable whereas _ is.  So the underscore lets you search for the exact date if you enter dates per the OP.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, bswiss56 said:

Well it is ok if we do not have a tool to rename a bunch of notes.

Do you have scripting tools?

On my Mac, I would be looking at an AppleScript if I had a lot of notes.

• Level 5*

@bswiss56

A tool for Windows is PhaseExpress.  You could create a macro such that if you were positioned at the first slash like <delete> <insert _> <right 2> <delete><insert _>.  Give it a hot key like <ctrl>.<alt><left mouse click> or the like and it should make the manual process a bit quicker.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, bswiss56 said:

I will try to find some scripting solution for this matter.

If PhaseExpress, or other macro tool, will support Find & Replace, you could build a macro that does this:

1. Start with a filtered list of Notes that contain the date in the Title
  2. Click on first note

RUN THE MACRO WHICH DOES THE FOLLOWING:

3. Moves to Title block
  4. Selects the Title
  5. Copies the Selection
  6. Replace "/" with "_"
  7. Move back to Note list
  8. Move down to next Note
  9. Run Steps 3-8

I don't have PhaseExpress, but the documentation did mention this, but not sure how it works:

{#REPLACE Text -OLDTEXT OldText -NEWTEXT NewText}

Archived