Put the "View Options" button in the Title bar

TechWite

Idea

The "View Options" button (as well as its neighbors "Filter by Tag", and "Share this notebook") jumps all over the screen depending on what View Option is selected.

This is distracting and creates a lot of unnecessary mousing around if I am switching between Views. It's even annoying, if I am used to a single view, change the view, and then expect to change back by clicking where I had just clicked to get there...

1) I'd suggest it sit in the Evernote Window Title Bar  - where the Sync indicator, and [+ New Note..] is. that way, it would consistently be in the same place, regardless of which View I have chosen. Also, how about:

2) Add shortcut keys for Views (I don't see any in the View Menu)?

3) Add  a context menu (Right+Click) for Views? If one exists, I couldn't find it.

Mainly I would just like to see that button stay in one place.

Thanks

56afc76938547_ScreenShot2016-02-01at3.57

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Re: Put the "View Options" button in the Title bar

On my Mac, I already have a View item in the menu bar, however it gives a lengthy drop down list; not as concise as the button

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, TechWite said:

The "View Options" button (as well as its neighbors "Filter by Tag", and "Share this notebook") jumps all over the screen depending on what View Option is selected.

This is distracting and creates a lot of unnecessary mousing around if I am switching between Views. It's even annoying, if I am used to a single view, change the view, and then expect to change back by clicking where I had just clicked to get there...

I agree, both of these buttons need to be in a static location.  The top window bar would be fine.  It would also be a great help if they would place them left aligned (instead of right aligned) in the Note List bar.

On February 1, 2016 at 4:11 PM, DTLow said:

Re: Put the "View Options" button in the Title bar

On my Mac, I already have a View item in the menu bar, however it gives a lengthy drop down list; not as concise as the button

Right - I'm fine with the menu - it's really the button jumping all over the place that I'd like to see fixed.

Archived