Column and table problem, printing and sync

Guys maybe I am being stupid, but have tried anywhere to get an answer to a column and table problem, searched got to this page. I am using Win10, latest ver. of EN. I created a table on the PC. When I print, the tables' column width changes.

Then I sync to my IPhone and Ipad, the column width changes. How do I avoid this.

It cuts the numbers in half in two or more lines and or prints over the column width.

Please can any one assist.

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, calculus3232@me.com said:

Then I sync to my IPhone and Ipad, the column width changes. How do I avoid this.

One thing you can do on the iPad.  Before you open the note, click on the expand icon to open in full screen width

IMG_1125.thumb.PNG.e4674d4ede117f6afca9a

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, calculus3232@me.com said:

I am using Win10, latest ver. of EN. I created a table on the PC. When I print, the tables' column width changes.

Have you tried resizing, first the entire table, then each column?

If that does not work for you, then you can try creating a table in MS Word (or other word processor) with fixed column sizes, and copy/paste the table into Evernote.

See How to create and customize tables 

JMichael: Tried as per your information.

What makes it difficult for me is that the table is 100% on Win10, but the moment that it sync to the Ipad or IPhone the column size changes. What makes it worse is that the table is not covering the full screen, thus it cannot be the size of the table that is the problem. I have a table just under that one, that is wider with the same issue, but it is understandable that the wider the table the more changes to the column width to accommodate the table on the screen, but it happens all the time regardless of the table width. Is it possible then to fix the table and column width, and to rather scroll / move the screen right to see the remaining entries in the table? Then when it sync to PC, and prints this will be OK?

I also saw that this was the case when printing from Win10. Although the table and its columns fit on the screen of the PC, when it prints, it resizes ALL the tables, and the writing goes over the columns instead of "wrapping"? Same fix to apply?

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, calculus3232@me.com said:

Is it possible then to fix the table and column width, and to rather scroll / move the screen right to see the remaining entries in the table? Then when it sync to PC, and prints this will be OK?

Sorry, but I'm out of ideas.  You may have to just keep playing with it until you find something that works.

I have observed that EN Win on Win10 seems to experience more issues than on Win7.

I'd suggest you create a new Note with one Table, and play with that until you either get acceptable results, or give up.

I can't remember whether or not you are a Premium account owner, but if resolution of this issue is important to you, it may be worth 1-month of Premium fee (~$5) to get the full support of Evernote, including Support Chat.  Of course, even then there may not be a quick fix.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, calculus3232@me.com said:

Is it possible then to fix the table and column width, and to rather scroll / move the screen right to see the remaining entries in the table?

It is if you are willing to edit the note to make it a fixed width table using ENML.  EN creates tables as percentage of the display window with no option for fixed width (as far as I can tell).  If you make a table fixed width you have to scroll right if it is larger than the display window while the table will force fit to the window on an iDevice.  You can expand the table using your fingers at that point to make it larger.  Before/After screenshots below.

Before.png.9ca665c53a17f38e216217ff9ddd4

After.png.44e6c19e77eb8ac64176aa5ec1fde1

Archived