Missing reminders from Evernote iOS app

I rely on the reminders from a shared notebook to perform some timed tasks since I was using an Android phone.

Since Oct-15, I have been using an iPhone and I started to discover that it appears that the notes' reminders would occasionally being disappeared -- not appearing late but simply failed to show up. The notes are still visible after I open the app / open them on other platforms, yet they failed to arrive at my phone before its scheduled time, and most importantly, get the concerned reminder displayed.

I'm using iPhone 6S Plus, with iOS 9.2.1 and Evernote for iOS Version 7.10.319047.

I was wondering if there are any methods to ensure I would receive the scheduled pushes accordingly? (It is more complex than it might be because the notebook is often edited by some of my colleagues in the shared notebook and those notes might not be in sync)

It appears that opening the app to sync manually is not advisable because the notebook is constantly updated without notice, and it might have to request the colleagues to inform the team that some of the notes has been updated in order to receive pushes in time.

Thank you so much. Would be happy to clarify if I didn't made myself clear :)

• Level 5*

Typically the reminder on the iPhone appears for a brief period and may disappear before you see it.  You can get a daily email of all reminders for the day, but it isn't time specific to any of the reminders for the day.

If you need time specific reminders that will interrupt you, you could try something like FollowUpThen adding a link to the note there.  You would then get an email at the appointed time and could then click the link to go to the note.  Or just use another task/to-do system.  Personally, I opted for FollowUpThen for really time specific reminders.  FWIW.

• Level 5
On February 1, 2016 at 6:26 AM, fng52 said:

I rely on the reminders from a shared notebook to perform some timed tasks since I was using an Android phone.

Since Oct-15, I have been using an iPhone and I started to discover that it appears that the notes' reminders would occasionally being disappeared -- not appearing late but simply failed to show up. The notes are still visible after I open the app / open them on other platforms, yet they failed to arrive at my phone before its scheduled time, and most importantly, get the concerned reminder displayed.

I'm using iPhone 6S Plus, with iOS 9.2.1 and Evernote for iOS Version 7.10.319047.

I was wondering if there are any methods to ensure I would receive the scheduled pushes accordingly? (It is more complex than it might be because the notebook is often edited by some of my colleagues in the shared notebook and those notes might not be in sync)

It appears that opening the app to sync manually is not advisable because the notebook is constantly updated without notice, and it might have to request the colleagues to inform the team that some of the notes has been updated in order to receive pushes in time.

Thank you so much. Would be happy to clarify if I didn't made myself clear :)

Hi,

If you'd like to receive reminders via push notification on the iPhone, please make sure that notifications are enabled for the Evernote app. You can verify this by going to Settings app > Notifications > Evernote > Allow Notifications (on) and choosing your preferred options. 

If you're expecting notifications from a shared notebook and are still no longer receiving them after verifying that Notifications are enabled, check your settings within the app. Settings > General > Reminders and verify that you are subscribed to reminders for that notebook.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Chuck

Archived