Request: Turn handwriting zoom off or fix

Apixel1234

Idea

Hello,

I was so happy with the sketching handwriting module on Evernote. Using it with iPad pro and pencil was perfection. The last updated added zoom. This was either badly implemented or something because now it's unusable. I can't write more than one line before my canvas moves unexpectedly. The easy fix? Allow us to turn this off. iPad pro and pencil don't really need zoom as we have enough precision. Of course, zoom is always a nice feature, but not when it renders the basic note taking unusable. In the meantime, I've been forced to abandon Evernote for my handwriting. 

2 replies to this idea

On 1.2.2016 at 0:46 PM, Apixel1234 said:

Hello,

I was so happy with the sketching handwriting module on Evernote. Using it with iPad pro and pencil was perfection. The last updated added zoom. This was either badly implemented or something because now it's unusable. I can't write more than one line before my canvas moves unexpectedly. The easy fix? Allow us to turn this off. iPad pro and pencil don't really need zoom as we have enough precision. Of course, zoom is always a nice feature, but not when it renders the basic note taking unusable. In the meantime, I've been forced to abandon Evernote for my handwriting. 

We have nine months later and my experiences are exactly the sames. When Evernote will fix this pain? The solution could be as mentioned so simple: Please give us a switch to temporarly switch off the zoom function. I don't want to use a separated app to take my handwritings! PLEASE.

Is there a reason there still isn't a fix for this?  The zoom 'feature' is killing everyone trying to use the iPad pro/pencil for business reasons and wanting to quickly take notes in meetings.  Please add a toggle switch or just an option to disable altogether.

Archived