One of four installs does not sync

I have evernote installed on on: and Win XP workstation, a Win 7 notebook, an Android Nexus 7 tablet and a new Note 5 Smartphone.

The problem is that the Win 7 computer will not sync, and cannot connect to the on-line help.

It is stuck in a state from at least a month ago.

Strangely enough, it opened with the current data set once this afternoon, but on the next session, it related to the old data.

Shall I just uninstall the application from that computer, and then re-install it fresh, obviously with the same name and password...?

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, dhlytle said:

Shall I just uninstall the application from that computer, and then re-install it fresh, obviously with the same name and password...?

That's probably your best bet.

But you might check this out first:  

See:  Fix to Poodle SSL 3.0 issue 

Some users report their issue fixed by also changing LAN settings.

If that does not fix your issue, the next, simplest fix is a simple app reinstall:

For this type of problem, sometimes a simple reinstall of the app will fix the problem.

This should not affect any of your Notes or other data.

But if you have any Local Notebooks, you might want to export them to ENEX files just to be safe.

To reinstall the app, see Evernote KB Article: How do I uninstall and reinstall Evernote [App]?

Tkx JMichael

I've read through the articles and comments and don't see anything that seems to hit home.

A few details I should have included in the original post:

The notebook which is cable connected to my aged Win 2000 network using a domain.

My IE on the notebook is up-to-date, and is updated automatically.

My active user browser on the notebook is up-to-date.

When I try to sync from the notebook, I get this error message "Invalid user name or password"

The user name displayed by Evernote is the same one used on other devices.

How can I check/reset the password on the notebook install?

Is the re-install of Evernote looking more and more like the right next step?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dhlytle said:

The notebook which is cable connected to my aged Win 2000 network using a domain.

Can you try connecting this notebook directly to the router that provides Internet access?

2 hours ago, dhlytle said:

Is the re-install of Evernote looking more and more like the right next step?

Only you can really decide this.  Unless you have tens of thousands of Notes, a reinstall is usually not that hard, and can be done quickly.  Even with a reinstall of 1000s of notes, the reinstall goes quickly, it just may take a few hours, or even overnight, for all of the notes to sync, and indexes to be built.

Archived