blank rectangle at the top of every note, new and old, can't be deleted

Hi there,

I was working on a note at work this morning and after typing/copying+pasting a couple of pars of text I dragged a pdf file from my desktop onto the note, as I have many times before, so as to attach it to the note. The PDF initially displayed with a preview. I right hand clicked on it and chose "view as attachment". The preview changed to an attachment fine but upon scrolling back up the note I noticed a large, empty frame at the top of the note. It was as if the original PDF preview had been copied to the top of the note except without any content.

I've attached a screenshot showing what the frame looks like. You can't type in it. If you right hand click on it the border of the frame turns blue and you can choose from the options: Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste and Match Style, Delete, Open, Open With, Rename..., Save As. Choosing open, save as or rename does nothing. This frame is now automatically present at the top of any new note and stops me from actually using EN because I can't click before or after the frame to position the cursor for typing. Even more weird, the frame appears to be at the top of every note that I've previously created in EN. Every note I've clicked on now has the rectangle.

This is driving me crazy! Any help would be massively appreciated. 

Capture.PNG

PROBLEM SOLVED:

I stumbled across this article in the help database: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313378-How-to-troubleshoot-syncing-issues

While it doesn't directly address my issue I thought some of the fixes might help my problem too.

I started off with restarting my computer and that fixed the problem.

I guess I should have started with the old "try turning it off and then on again".

I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone else with the same problem.

• Level 5*
On 1/29/2016 at 6:08 PM, Jenazz said:

I guess I should have started with the old "try turning it off and then on again".

Yep, computer reboot/restart is always the first attempted fix when things suddenly behave in a strange manner.

Archived