Drag and Drop disabled

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry this took me so long to reply to.

I've since reinstalled Evernote multiple times, tried the beta version, tried an older version and now back on the latest build for windows and still not dice.  I am leaning towards this being related to my machine setup.  Anyhow, my version is 5.9.7.9753 installed on Windows 10.

Yeah, I've tried this.  

I've uninstalled / reinstalled.

I've uninstalled>deleted existing and leftover data>reinstalled.

Installed BETA software to see if there's a fix there.

Apart from editing the registry, I don't know what else to do.

I know this is a lashing out moment and rant, but frankly, I'm tired of the lack of polish with Evernote.  How is it that a vast majority of the users that use evernote are on windows yet the client is still in version 5 and 6 has been out on Mac for over a year.  Has Evernote staff been ransacked to skeleton crew?  Why no updates?  Why no improvement?  Why is the text editor STILL worse than any web based text editor.  The f*cking EBAY text editor is better!  How is this possible for a note taking application.  I pay for this service, should it not BE BETTER?!?!  Maybe a simpler one.... How is it that in 2016 I press TAB and then backspace and have to delete spaces.  SPACES FFS!!!

I recently had to un-install and re-install because of a syncing error.  Now this.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Not arguing with you - I've had a mulish software problem for the last several days myself (not with Evernote) and I know how frustrating things get - but purely on points of accuracy...  I don't necessarily think "most" of Evernote's users are on Windows - Evernote themselves use iOS and Mac a lot,  and the fact that the Mac app version is up to 6.x is irrelevant.  Phone versions are now at 7.x,  and the numbers change completely out of sync with each other depending on how major the last rewrite of the individual software had to be.  The Editor is in the process of being rewritten - see this thread for more on that - and yes there's lots of scope for improvement,  but with 100M users Evernote needs to plan changes very carefully.  Upsetting that many users could be mildly catastrophic!

The drag and drop issue is a pain - does it help to do a two-step,  d/d to your desktop,  then to Evernote?  Or copy/ paste instead?  I'd certainly suggest you submit a bug report on this.  You won't necessarily get any follow-up,  but it does mean that the devs will take a look at your situation and (maybe) fix it in the next release.  Choose "report a bug..." in the first dropdown after logging in here > https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Archived