An Evernote User - WTF?

I'm using Evernote for Mac.

I wanted to share a notebook with my brother - so I got him to create an Evernote account. I was unable to share the notebook to him directly using contacts (whatever the hell contacts Evernote thinks it's using) because the email addresses listed for him were old. Despite adding his newest email addresses into the contacts app - and google contacts, the old email addresses for him kept showing up even when I quit and relaunched Evernote.

During this time, he sent me a chat and it shows up as 'An Evernote user' .. How the hell do I get it to show up as him? This is ridiculous. He sees me and my photo.

• Level 5*

Hi.  If one or other of you is a paying user,  try raising a support ticket - if you're premium you'll also have the option of chat support.  There are too many potential variables to give a complete solution based on your post,  but you might check what email address your brother used to set up his account - the way the system recognises you both is to link the email address with the account details.  You could both try File > Exiting Evernote and restarting your devices too.

If you do have the email address he used to set up the account in the original invitation to share,  then you definitely need to raise a support request. 

• Level 5*
On January 27, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Brandon Johnson said:

I wanted to share a notebook with my brother

Does sending a public link work?  The last time I used it, it gave the choice of joining or viewing the notebook.

Archived