Evernote losing information when cutting from bottom of note to the top

I've merged some notes and wanted to rearrange the information inside so I cut some text from the bottom of the note to the top, yet when I paste there is no text pasting from what I cut (so I lost all of what I cut from note). I tried just to copy text and it's doing the same.  Probably due to html from the webpage it was copied from? 

I was able to restore about 50 notes and get the text, but it wasn't fun. Anyone else had this happen? 

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, bounce said:

when I paste there is no text pasting from what I cut (so I lost all of what I cut from note). I tried just to copy text and it's doing the same.  Probably due to html from the webpage it was copied from? 

Not cut/paste but I have had issues with the hidden html.

Are you sure there was no text from the clipboard paste?  Maybe try into a blank note.

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, bounce said:

I've merged some notes and wanted to rearrange the information inside so I cut some text from the bottom of the note to the top, yet when I paste there is no text pasting from what I cut (so I lost all of what I cut from note). I tried just to copy text and it's doing the same.

I haven't see this exact issue (but then I haven't tested for it either), but I think EN Mac 6.4 is having issues with the clipboard.
It is NOT putting images on the clipboard properly so that they will paste into other rich text apps, like TextEdit or MS Word.

If you can isolate a simple example that is repeatable, then I'd suggest that you submit a formal bug report:

I recommend that everyone who experiences a bug to submit a bug report.  This will make sure that Evernote is aware of the issue, provide your environment data to help identify/fix the issue, and put more pressure on Evernote to fix.

Submit a BUG report via an EN Support Ticket. In the Support Form, select "Report a bug", and start the Ticket Title with "BUG:  " to make it clear.  Reporting a bug should be available to all users, including Free Account owners.  Other Ticket types available to Free users are "Data Loss", "Crash", & "Sync Issue", "Payment/Billing Issue", and  "Log in issues".

Archived