Evernote is like a Virus

It's compatible with nothing, it forces you to use products in it's own ecosystem and prompts you to upgrade even after you've upgraded.

Why can we not:

Copy and past a note to another application (including pictures)

Export a note straight to PDF rather than having to convert, export etc...

Have absolutely no control over formatting the document... Text... Picture... Text... That's it.

Why anytime I need to do something in this application, I need to revert to searching on Google for umpteen convoluted ways of achieving something that has been a given in Office for at least 10 years.

I'm trying to get some text and pictures into another application because the PDF Evernote generates is massive. My friends who don't have Evernote, don't want it (and rightly so imho), and those that do hate it with a passion (count me among them now). 

Anyone any ideas? Please don't give me anything that contains more than 5 actions (and as above, copy and paste do not work. Every time I paste it into another application (Word, Wordpad, Pages etc...) I get text and no pictures...

Oh, and saving to HTML and opening in Word results in an error due to badly formatted HTML. Having checked the HTML out, I concur, it is badly constructed.

• Level 5
6 minutes ago, notme said:

Anyone any ideas? Please don't give me anything that contains more than 5 actions

Based on your comments, I believe Evernote is not a viable program for your needs.

I suggest you read up on what a virus does. It multiples and makes copies of itself. The only way to usefully interact with Evernote is to use Evernote.

Maybe they need to advertise. Doesn't work with anything. 

Doesn't meet my requirements... That's funny. Being able to produce a simple document with text and pictures... Obviously nevernote.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, notme said:

I suggest you read up on what a virus does. It multiples and makes copies of itself.

I haven't had that experience with Evernote.

>>Being able to produce a simple document with text and pictures...

I have been able to produce simple notes with text and pictures.  Anything complicated, I use a dedicated app.  When finished, I usually export to PDF and store in Evernote as an attachment.  It is possible to store the attachment in its native format, however if I'm finished editing I prefer pdf. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, notme said:

Every time I paste it into another application (Word, Wordpad, Pages etc...) I get text and no pictures...

I was able to replicate that on my Mac

It looks like a bug; have you opened a support ticket?

• Level 5*

>> There are no similarities between Evernote and a virus.  OP seems like an angry individual. 

I agree, but by discussing the issues with him I can still learn things, and possibly assist him.

1 hour ago, mdk1 said:

There are no similarities between Evernote and a virus.  OP seems like an angry individual.  

Not an angry individual, just fed up of having to resort to google every time I try to do something to take data out of Evernote. 

Thank you DTLow for the info. I'll raise a support ticket. 

Archived