Help with note links

• Level 5*

It would have been better if you summarized your issues in the message

I don't have a solution but I confirmed your results;

1. You can't use a classic link in Excel.  Clicking on it just says invalid link
    The external link seems to work - opening a browser page with the note
  2. I couldn't repeat the opening of both the browser and Evernote at the same time.
  3. I couldn't test Google Calendar.  Links work fine with the native Mac Calendar.
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

It would have been better if you summarized your issues in the message

I don't have a solution but I confirmed your results;

1. You can't use a classic link in Excel.  Clicking on it just says invalid link
    The external link seems to work - opening a browser page with the note
  2. I couldn't repeat the opening of both the browser and Evernote at the same time.
  3. I couldn't test Google Calendar.  Links work fine with the native Mac Calendar.

While I don't disagree with you that "it would have been better to summarize the issues", I'm on a mobile device and simply linking to the post is much easier than going back and forth. 

More concerned with helping the other person than anything else. Thanks for your reply and confirmation of the issue. Perhaps opening a support ticket or a direct chat session with Evernote support would be the next step they can take. 

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Jammer said:

I've been assisting a fellow Evernote user with an issue copying note links into other programs via a Reddit post and I'm reaching out for further help as we're both unable to fix it. Could anyone please take a look and offer suggestions? Our comments are in the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Evernote/comments/425ez2/i_want_to_use_note_links_outside_of_evernote_like/

As far as I can tell, there is no way to use MS Office 2011 Mac (Word, Excel) hyperlinks to open Evernote Mac classic note links.
So, I have written some Word VBA macros that use the Mac system to open these links.  This same approach could probably be used for Excel, although I have not tried or tested it.

See:
How to Open EN Mac Classic Link in Microsoft Word Using VBA 

Archived