Writing/inking/markup - what am I missing?

Hi guys - thanks in advance for your help with this.  Below is my wishlist  - is this possible?  I can't find the answers through my searching and feel like I must be missing something.

1.  I want to be able to go to an existing note (PDF, text, whatever) and make hand-written notes.  Can I do this in the Evernote app?

2.  I want to use a mini-tablet (at this point I am open to Samsung or iPad depending on what works best with Evernote) to record all meeting notes.  This will replace my pen and paper notebook - I want to use a stylus instead of a keyboard though. 

I want all of these functions (particularly note editing) to be native in Evernote - I don't want to go to multiple apps and then sync.  Just want to open Evernote and have the options there.  Is this possible?

Thanks again!!

Emily

• Level 5*

As of today, I don't think Evernote iOS directly supports using a stylus, although since Apple has released the iPad Pro with stylus, that could change.  It is hard to say what Evernote will or will not do.  The best place to ask about stylus support is in this thread:  Evernote for iOS 7.9.2 Released

For more info on EN iOS, see:
Getting Started with Evernote for: iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch 
Evernote for iOS 7.9.2 Released

And for EN Android:
Getting Started with Evernote for: Android 

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, AllCylinders said:

1.  I want to be able to go to an existing note (PDF, text, whatever) and make hand-written notes.  Can I do this in the Evernote app?

Evernote has a PDFs annotation feature, however I would not want to use it for handwriting notes.

They also added a sketching feature that inserts a window in your note.  Some people are using that for handwriting, but it would not be my choice.

>>2.  I want to use a mini-tablet (at this point I am open to Samsung or iPad depending on what works best with Evernote) to record all meeting notes.  This will replace my pen and paper notebook - I want to use a stylus instead of a keyboard

My feeling is that Evernote is not the tool for this.  I use the Notability app, and save the final PDF in Evernote.

For note taking (non-PDF) on iOS try another Evernote product called Penultimate.

Inking for note taking on EN for Windows is OK, not great and Android is terrible.  Neither are cross platform compatible in any useful way.

Currently, OneNote out performs Evernote in my opinion for taking notes with a stylus for cross platform use.

For PDF note taking/inking, use other apps then use Evernote as cloud storage.  Built in functionality for this for PDFs across all EN platforms (Skitch, Android, Windows, iOS,) is terrible for inking style notes.

Archived