Change the display of mulitple Post-it notes

Song2

Idea

I really like the Post-It capture. Might be my most-used feature of Evernote.

But, there's a big UI issue with capturing mulitple Post-It notes in one go:

1. They all get added to a single Notebook entry. So far, so good.
  2. Only the first Post-It shows up in the snippet view (and there's no indication that more than one note is attached to the entry)
  3. When viewing the entry, the Post-Its appear as huge images, and there's no way to zoom out and see them all in one go

Is it asking too much to have a little more control about how we view these notes?

EDIT: I know that I could go through the document, manually resizing the post-its so that they no longer filled the entire width of the window. But that's a massive waste of time. I want to be able to quickly 'zoom out' and see a whole load of Post-Its at once.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I doubt that Evernote will ever show multiple thumbnails per note - how does it know when not to do that for every note with several pics,  and how do you make enough screen space to see all the thumbnails + headings and some text?  You could have a look at CardDesk - a web application that extends the functionality of Evernote to give you a visual organiser for your notes. Notes become "index cards" that can be laid out and arranged on any number of virtual desktops.

http://www.carddesk.net/

• Level 5*
On January 21, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Song2 said:

I really like the Post-It capture. Might be my most-used feature of Evernote.

Could you provide some insight on how/why you use this feature?
I knew Evernote offered it but was never clear on why I would use it.  
It seemed to be the opposite direction of going paperless, and I disliked storing my notes as images.

The short answer is that I think better with paper. I have never liked typing at meetings. It totally throws off my ability to pay attention, not to mention it looks rude. 

If I'm taking notes at a conference or meeting, I'll usually have a notebook to record the main thread of the discussion, and some Post-its to jot down my random thoughts (that are usually not related to the main discussion, but I want to come back to later). However, I don't want to lose the notes, so I then capture all the paper notes with Evernote and use that as a basis to work from at a later date.

I'm not saying that I'd want to see all the images at once in the list view, just some kind of visual indicator that the note contains multiple images. Even a plus symbol beside the first thumbnail, or a few slivers of subsequent images, to distinguish them from single-image notes. 

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Song2 said:

The short answer is that I think better with paper. I have never liked typing at meetings. It totally throws off my ability to pay attention, not to mention it looks rude. 

Thanks for responding.  
I try to use my iPad for taking notes (handwriting not typing), and I agree - it doesn't feel as natural as taking notes on paper.

• Level 5*

On 01/02/2016 at 5:24 PM, Song2 said:

I'm not saying that I'd want to see all the images at once in the list view, just some kind of visual indicator that the note contains multiple images. Even a plus symbol beside the first thumbnail, or a few slivers of subsequent images, to distinguish them from single-image notes. 

Only way (currently) to indicate multi-image notes - tags or titles,  or a particular notebook for meeting notes only...

Archived