Something is updating 1 year old note each day

Over the past week or so each morning when I open the current full desktop Evernote client on an x64 Win 10 system, a note dated 1 year earlier is at the top of the list and has the current date in the updated field (I sort by date updated).  I have never had this issue before and it has me baffled as to what could be doing it.  Today it did not occur.  When I looked back there were no notes updated or created on 1/21/2015.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

I am also running the client on an Android system.  I use it primarily to capture docs with the camera and occasionally look up something.

Jim

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote doesn't create or update notes without input from something.  Check your Account Settings and look at the Applications tab.  Here you can check and if necessary revoke access to your account from any device or third party software.  You can also confirm whether there has been any such access which will tell you whether or not this is something to do with your desktop setup.

You don't say exactly what changes (if any) are made to the updated note.  Is it a new note each time,  or always the same one?

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Evernote doesn't create or update notes without input from something.  Check your Account Settings and look at the Applications tab.  Here you can check and if necessary revoke access to your account from any device or third party software.  You can also confirm whether there has been any such access which will tell you whether or not this is something to do with your desktop setup.

You don't say exactly what changes (if any) are made to the updated note.  Is it a new note each time,  or always the same one?

I realize it doesn't update without input from something; that is what is so baffling about this.  Looking at the access history it might be the Android client.  It shouldn't have been running a couple of the days listed where I have seen this behavior but there are entries for it accessing it.

As for what has been updated, it doesn't look like anything has changed.

Then again, it could just be ghosts using my computer.

• 5 weeks later...

An update to the "update" issue.  It stopped for a while but early this morning at 4:11 AM ET 02/19/2016 I had 10 notes all change their updated times at the exact same time.  6 of the notes this time were recent, but 4 were from 8 to 11 months ago.  At that time, there were no Windows systems running Evernote, not even the system tray app .  Only an Android phone. I had used Evernote on my Samsung S6 earlier in the day on 02/18/2016, but at 4:11 AM on 2/19/2016 it was sitting on the charger.  I am now convinced it is something in the Android app that is doing it.  I wonder if there are any activity logs for the app in Android?

• Level 5*

Yep - see Settings > Support > Send Activity Log;  you'll be able to put your own email address in there.  There's a camera log and a separate activities one.  I'd suggest you send both the mobile and desktop logs to Support to see what they make of this.  It is still very weird...

• 2 years later...

Old topic but I thought I would give an update. It turns out the issue was due to the Android Wear OS app on my Zenwatch 2.  Support said they were having issues and once I removed it from my watch, the update issues went away.  I wasn't using it on my watch so removing it didn't have a negative impact.

Archived