✔ SUGGESTion-REQUEST: Enlarge/Shrink a picture

ELJimP

... for future EN updates:

The ability to Enlarge/Shrink a picture in a note, (i.e., by dragging the handle at the bottom-right corner to make the picture larger or smaller), is also very useful in 4K monitors, (i.e., pictures are so small). I think that many EN users will agree that 4K Monitors is not the only case: Mobile and Tablet screens is another, (i.e., pictures are very large).

[If you like this request please PRESS the VOTE button ^ (at the right of my picture - top of page)!]

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Available today if I'm not mistaken.  Click the picture and a small blue dot appears at the bottom right of the picture.

There have been reports that when you do this, Evernote changes the original image file type (.jpg, .gif, etc) to .png which results in a much larger image file size.
Is this still the case, or has that been fixed?

• Level 5*

AFAIK, yes.  I just shrank a picture, saved the image to the desktop, and then added that image to a new note and both notes are the same size.  Resized the original and still the same note size.  Not sure that is definitive proof but leaning in that direction.

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, csihilling said:

I just shrank a picture, saved the image to the desktop, and then added that image to a new note and both notes are the same size.  Resized the original and still the same note size.  Not sure that is definitive proof but leaning in that direction.

If I understand your process correctly, you are comparing the resized image with a new note with the resized image.  I would expect those to be the same, but doesn't tell us if the resizing changed the file size.

I believe the test would be:

1. Attach an image from a file with a jpg format.
  2. Resize this image in Evernote 
  3. Save the resized image to file.
  4. Compare the resized image file with the original file before it was attached to EN.
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

I believe the test would be:

1. Attach an image from a file with a jpg format.
  2. Resize this image in Evernote 
  3. Save the resized image to file.
  4. Compare the resized image file with the original file before it was attached to EN.

I just ran this test using EN Mac 6.4 on Yosemite (10.10.5).

I compared files sizes in the Mac Finder, and I compared the images in the Mac Preview app.

Results:

• Resized image file size is identical to original file size
  • In fact the actual images are identical, but the resized image in EN appears smaller
  • Mac Preview app shows exactly the same same image and display size

So that is very good news for EN Mac.  I really like that the original image size/resolution is retained in EN, but it appears smaller/larger by the EN resizing.
So the EN Mac is NOT really resizing, like you would get in an image app.  It is just changing the size shown, like a web page would which specifies the size in the HTML code.

• Level 5*

Another way of testing is to compare the EN Note size before and after the resizing.
I just did this, resizing down, and resizing up.  No change in Note size.

Correction:  I can't make the image appear larger than the original size.

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

Another way of testing is to compare the EN Note size before and after the resizing.
I just did this, resizing down, and resizing up.  No change in Note size.

Correction:  I can't make the image appear larger than the original size.

I think that's what I tried to say above - "Resized the original and still the same note size." 

Everything was the same size; original, shrunk original, new note shrunk original, and resized original.

Archived