I love everything about Evernote except Bullets and Nags

I switched over to Evernote from a Mac-only app called DevonThink years ago. I loved DevonThink but it was exclusively Mac and I need to capture information no matter where I am.

I make extensive use of the cross-platform capabilities in Evernote and regularly run it on Mac, Windows and iOS. Occasionally on the web but rarely. Synchronization works great and it's a pretty seamless experience. I also love the the web clipper browser plug-in (thanks for the relatively recent update to that). I'm generally satisfied with the product as a searchable and organized repository for otherwise random bits of information.

Two gripes:

• Bullet points. I make extensive use of bullet points. Even with forcing simplified formatting regularly I get weird spaces in between bulleted lists. Also trying to copy and paste a bullet point note into an email usually results in significant empty bullets and whitespace. This has been a problem for years.
  • The other is the nags. I have a premium account and feel I get good value from it. But I don't share notes with others. I don't use the chat. I had a business account and it didn't make sense for me. Why them must I constantly be nagged and reminded of these features? I paid for premium so I didn't have to get nagged for ads. I consider these constant reminders for features I don't care about ads. Where is the "don't ever show me this again" checkbox? I get it, and I'm not interested.
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, Dan Chisarick said:

I paid for premium so I didn't have to get nagged for ads. I consider these constant reminders for features I don't care about ads. Where is the "don't ever show me this again" checkbox? I get it, and I'm not interested.

I'm not seeing anything like this. Can you post a screenshot?

Seeing as how I don't have anything to post after nearly a week maybe I just overreacted. I installed the thick client on several platforms in a short span of time and I guess each one had their own "Welcome to EverNote: Here are some tips". It got on my nerves and gave the impression that it was something that I guess it wasn't. So ignore the part about nags.

• 2 weeks later...

This is still a problem - the nags and ads for Business appear all the time. The "Tips" reset after every app update, so they always appear, and always show the exact same tips.

The ad for Business actually covers up some window controls, making them unusable.

EN has been so much better in the past year - the app on iOS and Mac are SO much more stable and dependable...

Now they have decided to try and upsell all their paying customers, and don't seem to care at all that this is basically spamming their app, which we pay for. Typical Evernote...

screenshot.png

Archived