Preview pictures in notes

Hi everyone, I am having trouble previewing pictures in evernote. The pictures are 14mp and evernote does not downscale them for preview. Are there any settings that will allow me to easily see photos in the note body?

• Level 5*

Create a table, and resize the columns to the width you want to display.  Drag the pictures into the table cells.

23 hours ago, OlegCS said:

Are there any settings that will allow me to easily see photos in the note body?

JMichaelTX,

thank you for your response. I am very new to evernote and not sure how to create a table. I can figure it out but these are the problems I am trying to solve:

1 I am a contractor and when I have an appointment with a customer I take 10-15 pictures right into the new note body and title it with the address of the property and also add customer name, phone number and my notes into the body of the note. Is there a better way to track appointments with Evernote? I have between 3 and 10 appointments per week.

2 When I take pictures they are huge. My Galaxy S6 takes 16mp photos. Is there a way to leave my camera resolution the same but have evernote downsize the pictures to 4 or 6 Mp each?

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, OlegCS said:

I take 10-15 pictures right into the new note body and title it with the address of the property and also add customer name, phone number and my notes into the body of the note. Is there a better way to track appointments with Evernote? I have between 3 and 10 appointments per week.Is there a better way to track appointments with Evernote? I have between 3 and 10 appointments per week.

I never liked the way Evernote handles photos in a note and used other apps that were better suited.

On my Mac/IPad, I use the Notability app, or a word processing app for more detailed work.  When finished, I output as a pdf and store it as a note in Evernote.

I see DTLow. I am trying not to use too many apps. I am already using TurboScan and Barcodes for Evernote, and a few other apps specific to my business. Is there an app that would allow me to run a large number of appointments with some text and picture content and be searchable like Evernote?

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, OlegCS said:

Is there an app that would allow me to run a large number of appointments with some text and picture content and be searchable like Evernote?

While I do use other dedicated apps for more detailed work, I always file the final result in Evernote.  I haven't found any app that offers the same access and search features.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, OlegCS said:

2 When I take pictures they are huge. My Galaxy S6 takes 16mp photos. Is there a way to leave my camera resolution the same but have evernote downsize the pictures to 4 or 6 Mp each?

Sorry, I can't speak specifically to EN Android behavior, but based on EN iOS features you may be able to set the default resolution when you take a photo via Evernote.  In EN iOS, go to Evernote > Settings > General > Camera.  There you can set "Image Size" to "small", "medium", "large", "actual size".  Perhaps EN Android offers similar settings.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived