Original URL missing from emailed web clippings

I often will clip "simplified" articles from the web using the Chrome plugin and share them with my team.  When I share the articles via email, not everyone uses EN so I do not use work chat, the url for the original web page is missing.  The information exists in the heading of the note in EN, but does not get put into the email.  Seems only right to provide the source of the information being sent, and having to cut and paste the URL from EN is cumbersome.  Is there a way to include the URL automatically? 

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, jayhoz said:

The information exists in the heading of the note in EN, but does not get put into the email.  Seems only right to provide the source of the information being sent, and having to cut and paste the URL from EN is cumbersome.  Is there a way to include the URL automatically? 

No way I know of using only Evernote.  However, you might be able to use one of the following to accomplish this task:

Some Popular Keyboard Macro Utilities

These tools also provide lots of other useful features.

For those using a Mac, I have a KM macro that copies the Note Title to the first line in the body, and creates a link using the "Source URL" of the Note.  If anyone is interested, post here and I'll publish my macro.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like the URL of the note listed somewhere in the note.  It would be nice if Evernote put it at the beginning or end of the note by default.  Right now I do this by hand, so the Mac macro would be handy.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, EM Sesek said:

I would really like the URL of the note listed somewhere in the note.  It would be nice if Evernote put it at the beginning or end of the note by default.  Right now I do this by hand, so the Mac macro would be handy.

As requested, you can find my Keyboard Maestro macro here:
MACRO: [EN] Copy Evernote Note Title to Body with URL 

Please feel free to post any bugs or issues you find, as well as suggestions for improvement, in the KM forum thread.

Archived