Deleting older versions of Evernote

EL

I've been using Evernote on my mac for a few years now, and I have 10 versions of Evernote in my applications folder. When it updates to a new version, it doesn't delete the older version for some reason. Older versions of Evernote are using up over a GB on my hard drive for no reason. Any time I've tried to delete the older versions myself, it says I can't empty the trash because some files are locked. But I can't find the files and I've never been able to find information about it online. I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue though.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the older versions? I've even tried deleting the current version and just wiping all traces of Evernote from my mac and starting over - doesn't work.

• Level 5*
On 1/18/2016 at 9:07 AM, EL said:

When it updates to a new version, it doesn't delete the older version for some reason.

. . .

Does anyone know how to get rid of the older versions? I've even tried deleting the current version and just wiping all traces of Evernote from my mac and starting over - doesn't work.

Wow!  That should not happen.  Each update should replace the current app with the new one.  Are they all named "Evernote.app"?

IAC, sounds like something is corrupted/confused in your Evernote setup.  So you might want to try a clean reinstall of Evernote.
See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

• 1 year later...

Well mr Guru JMichael... i have news for you.. lol... maybe you started working for EN after June 2015... BECAUSE i just noticed something in MY Evernote Account... like EL above , i just today (1 and a 1/2 yrs later from his post) found SIXTEEN older EN applications ranging from12/05/12 to 06/28/15 ... !!!... with a total of 1.18GB space... Based on your reply to his note AND the fact i have NO older applications dated SINCE 06/28/15,  i guess EL and I are just old timers and obviously the update process was changed to delete older versions as they were replaced.. i know it doesnt mean much at this point, but EL was not crazy and had no issues other than he's been with EN a long time... haha... Ive been having speed issues in the last 6 mos and now that my database is about 10.5gb, ive been researching more and more within EN to try and regain some sense of "joy" related to speed and functionality... 

SO if either of you TWO from above are still here, or aren't, i hope others may read this with a sense of commonality... because i TOTALLY related to his comment: "I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue though." ... YOU ARE NOT alone... :-)))

peace out.. ROGER in Los Angeles

Archived